Skip to main content

The Holding Pattern

Once again I am in a weird spot right now. You know for the most part I can tell when something is a little off in my life, either, it's too noisy and things are happening back to back or it's too quiet and NOTHING is happening, AT ALL! I also notice a weirdness when I become SUPER RESTLESS, uncomfortable, and  irritable in a certaim area of my life. Well, I'm super restless, uncomfortable, and irritable. It's too quiet and nothing is happening at all, so it's safe to assume that I am in a HOLDING PATTERN. (like I said, I've been here before)

THE HOLDING PATTERN-  1. usually circular pattern flown by aircraft awaiting clearance to land at an airport. 2. Informal A state of waiting or delay; a static situation.

Now don't get me wrong, I see movement and progress in areas that were as dry as the Sahara desert. Ha! But then other areas are STILL DRY. (Ain't nothing poppin shawty lol) Yesterday I wanted to throw a tantrum so bad because I'm sitting here thinking, "I've sewn seeds on this entire ground, so why are certain areas producing fruit and others aren't?" But it just dawned on me, that some gardeners have gardens with different kinds of plants or vegetables. With that being said, some plants may not grow at the same rate as another plant. For example, it may take tomatoes a shorter time to grow than it does let's say potatoes. I'm not a green thumb but I do know that a gardener won't see ALL of his or her plants in full bloom at the same time. They will however eventually bloom together.  

Let's go back to THE HOLDING PATTERN though and look at the second definition again. A state of waiting or delay; a static situation. To be in a holding pattern doesn't mean that you are STUCK or not making any progress, (which is actually the reason I wanted to throw a tantrum! lol) it just means you are being held still until the environment for your blessing is conducive for that blessing. There's NOTHING you can really do in this situation. You can fidget and huff all you want but GOD will NOT let you land in a jacked up environment. I've realized that I start to get antsy and my mind is in this constant "I'm ready to GO" state, when I somehow FORGET that everything that I'm expecting GOD to do in my life will only happen on HIS WATCH! You hear that chile? (that one was really for me lol)

Morever, I tend to get impatient when I see someone else getting blessed! Epescially if I have evidence that this person has NOT been sewing NEARLY as much I have! Say what? YES! This is something that I am LEARNING lol, you can't do that! You can't compare your blessings to theirs. Stop looking at what God put in their hands and didn't put in yours, like a little kid would do, "Unnh unnh, you gave her more than me!" (insert pouty face HERE) Just stop it! You know what this will cause you to do? It will cause you to start making rash decisions, unplanned decisions, ill-informed decisions. You will be trying to make things happen on YOUR WATCH! You will STOP TRUSTING GOD and start trusting SELF. And how many of you know, SELF is about as unreliable as all get out!

God is so KIND and GRACIOUS, and MERCIFUL. You hear me? And I'm so SPOILED! He's been doing EVERYTHING He can to keep my lil tail from going postal! I'm telling you chile! He's been pulling out ALL STOPS for me to keep calm because He knows there are some things that I want, that aren't coming to me overnight or even a week from now. He's been doing EVERYTING to ensure that I'm good, to let me know that HE GOT ME, to let me know that I don't have to worry about a thing! And like I said there is NOTHING you can do when God has you in this spot. NOTHING nobody else can say or do EITHER.

You will be flooded with some pretty awesome ideas and ways to get out of this but NONE OF THEM WILL WORK! You are not in this HOLDING PATTERN by CHOICE my dear, you are HERE by GOD'S DIVINE POSITIONING! I'm going to be honest with you, THIS AIN'T COOL YO!  lol. I am NOT AT ALL happy about this HOLDING PATTERN He has me in right now! It makes it SO BAD for me because, I actually thought I had God and my little ole life figured out. I had a timetable. I had a schedule. WELP, He done flipped the script on my ballheaded self! Because I had fallen into a habit of relying on THIS TIMETABLE I'd created and fallen short on RELYING ON HIM!

At the end of the day my beautiful friends, it all has to do with TRUST! If you are in a very serious relationship with God and you have some things that you want Him to do for you, depending on what it is, you will be put in a HOLDING PATTERN one day. And if you're in one right NOW, I suggest you sit back relax and enjoy it. You'll be landing soon. (*wink*)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Strawberry Crush

Have you ever developed a crush for someone? How did you feel? How did you respond to this feeling? Did you challenge it? Did you explore it? Did it ever go away?  I remember my first crush. I was in first grade when I met Calvin. He was the cutest light bright I'd ever seen. My teacher caught on and would actually allow us to sit together. We would enjoy our innocent times, him making me laugh and me sharing my snacks. I loved him before I even knew what love was. But Calvin was a bad boy. He got in trouble a lot. I would take up for him too. But one day I would not be able to see him again because he moved away and transferred to another school. My heart was torn in half as I would miss him for a while.  That was about 24 years ago. Since then I've had a few crushes. None of them really went anywhere but to a disappointing dead end. Which has provoked me to seek understanding of what does "having a crush," really mean. In all honesty, having a crush on so

DEATH TO BOAZ!

If I hear another woman of God say she’s waiting on her “Boaz”, I’m going to scream my lungs bloody and hit her upside the head with an offering basket! Real talk! You’ve read the title, so you probably already can guess that this post is not going to be the nicest cup of tea you’ve had to drink. But you have to drink it and YES THIS IS YOUR BUSINESS! I hate to break it to you dear, BOAZ is not coming! Boaz was for Ruth and Ruth only. Boaz was tied to Ruth’s assignment. He is not TIED TO YOURS! I am afraid that the church has cooked up this lovely fairytale that every woman has a BOAZ designated for her. WRONG! If you go into the word, Boaz wasn’t even all that aaaaanndd Naomi helped Ruth come up with a cute little scheme to get homie’s attention. RUTH 3:1-5 One day Ruth’s mother-in-law Naomi said to her, “My daughter, I must find a home[a] for you, where you will be well provided for. 2 Now Boaz, with whose women you have worked, is a relative of ours. Tonight he wi

The Effectual Fervent Prayer

I am convinced that there is no such thing as an unanswered prayer. I believe I’ve touched on this before in an earlier post. But I’ve received some new revelations to add to my case. 2 Corinthians 1:20 For no matter how many promises God has made, they are "Yes" in Christ. And so through him the "Amen" is spoken by us to the glory of God. So does this mean that every prayer we send up, God says “Yes” to? Well, I must inform you, that it’s a little more complicated than that. Yet, it’s  not at all hard to understand. There is a three part transaction in this entire process. First we have OUR PRAYERS. Second, we have GOD’S PROMISES. Third, we have THE AMEN.” Yo, I’m so excited to explain this in full!  YOUR PRAYERS: The desires and issues of your heart are the language behind your prayers. Whatever interferences your heart experiences (that rhymes! Lol) determines the kind of prayer that you lift up to God. God will ALWAYS answer the prayer. Th