Skip to main content

The Cup

?QUESTION? If God were to invite you out to the theatre to see a movie about YOU and the next stage of your life with all of its ups and downs, would you want to see it? Let’s go deeper. If God were to hand you a script starring YOU and after reading that script you found out that you would be betrayed, hurt, lied on, and criticized before you got your blessing, would you want to be in that movie? 

Let’s go even DEEPER! If God were to give you a cup full of tears, sleepless nights, lonely days, and told you to drink it BEFORE He blessed you, would you drink it? Just think about it for a hot second. I really enjoyed, the Bible miniseries the History channel hosted this past Easter. One of the main parts that stuck with me was when Jesus saw a glimpse of what He was getting ready to endure.

At that moment as well as in the bible itself, we got to see the human aspect of Jesus. He told God (I’m paraphrasing), “Look, I saw what you have called me to do and I saw what I have to go through to do it. I see THE CUP you’re passing to me, I DON’T WON’T IT.” For just one moment, we were allowed to see Jesus in His weakness.

At the top of the year, I must have messed around and asked God to bless me with some WISDOM. Somebody say, “Be careful what you ask for cuz you just might get it!” BOY, have I been seeing and hearing some thangs! Got some WISDOM, I’m SWEATIN’. Wew! So a couple of days ago, while I was working on my second book, God showed me where I would have to go in order to make this book come to life and with the quickness I gave Him that, “something stank.” face. Shawty ain’t trying to go there!

Look, I can take a little bit of stench and a tinge of darkness, but er uh.... yeah, I don’t know y’all. I literally started crying. I told God I didn’t want THE CUP. His response, “You have to go there, Tanzy it’s the only way this will work. You have to drink THE CUP.”

You see, something happens when you say, “Yes” to God. Yes, to His WILL and Yes to His WAYS of living. I don’t want to say you will have to go through some sort of initiation to be about this life, but you will be AUTHENTICATED. You got to DRINK THE CUP so that He know it’s REAL. And THAT’S REAL TALK.

So what are you thinking, “Man bump that! I’m good!” No, you’re NOT good chile! You’re BAD! When Adam and Eve screwed up in the garden, everybody behind them, their kids, their kids kids, their kids kids, KIDS KIDS, KIDS kids, all the way down to OUR BALDHEADED selves were born into SIN! An invisible veil of LIES, FAIRYTALES, AND FANTASIES were placed over our heads to make us believe that the way we were born into this world is the way we should and have to LIVE. Our lives had a short expiration date.

And guess what? That veil was impenetrable and water proof. That is until, God became so grieved that His most powerful creation was HEADED FOR SELF DESTRUCTION, He sent His brave son JESUS down here, to DIE for us. His BLOOD penetrated and destroyed that veil. BOOM! But everytime a child is born into this world, the VEIL covers the child. New breeds of Adam and Eve descendants are coming forth. It is up to us, to pour the blood on that veil so that they can SEE.

Wait, Tanzy, what does this have to do with THE CUP? Well, I’m glad you asked, dear. Some people HIDE under that musty veil when the throws of LIFE come their way. Others, like myself have chosen to get rid of the veil ALL TOGETHER and that’s where THE CUP comes in. God has to introduce you to LIFE! Because what you thought was LIFE was NOT life! God has to FLUSH out toxins, like bad habits, bad thinking, wrong relationships etc. So you HAVE to drink THE CUP!  Blessings follow obedience. Testing precedes it. 

Alright, so Tanzy are you going to drink THE CUP? Yeah, I am. Don’t think this will be the last time you see THE CUP either. Everytime you want to be taken HIGHER in GOD or everytime God wants to take you HIGHER, you will have to drink THE CUP.  You know I found out that the FLU SHOT is actually the flu itself that is being injected into you. 

What happens is, after awhile your body goes HAM and fights off this flu and builds up a wall to block it from coming BACK! God wants you to drink the very thing that is SUPPOSED to destroy you so that you can build up your FAITH and STRENGTH in Him. So yes, I WILL drink THE CUP…will you?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Strawberry Crush

Have you ever developed a crush for someone? How did you feel? How did you respond to this feeling? Did you challenge it? Did you explore it? Did it ever go away?  I remember my first crush. I was in first grade when I met Calvin. He was the cutest light bright I'd ever seen. My teacher caught on and would actually allow us to sit together. We would enjoy our innocent times, him making me laugh and me sharing my snacks. I loved him before I even knew what love was. But Calvin was a bad boy. He got in trouble a lot. I would take up for him too. But one day I would not be able to see him again because he moved away and transferred to another school. My heart was torn in half as I would miss him for a while.  That was about 24 years ago. Since then I've had a few crushes. None of them really went anywhere but to a disappointing dead end. Which has provoked me to seek understanding of what does "having a crush," really mean. In all honesty, having a crush on so

DEATH TO BOAZ!

If I hear another woman of God say she’s waiting on her “Boaz”, I’m going to scream my lungs bloody and hit her upside the head with an offering basket! Real talk! You’ve read the title, so you probably already can guess that this post is not going to be the nicest cup of tea you’ve had to drink. But you have to drink it and YES THIS IS YOUR BUSINESS! I hate to break it to you dear, BOAZ is not coming! Boaz was for Ruth and Ruth only. Boaz was tied to Ruth’s assignment. He is not TIED TO YOURS! I am afraid that the church has cooked up this lovely fairytale that every woman has a BOAZ designated for her. WRONG! If you go into the word, Boaz wasn’t even all that aaaaanndd Naomi helped Ruth come up with a cute little scheme to get homie’s attention. RUTH 3:1-5 One day Ruth’s mother-in-law Naomi said to her, “My daughter, I must find a home[a] for you, where you will be well provided for. 2 Now Boaz, with whose women you have worked, is a relative of ours. Tonight he wi

The Effectual Fervent Prayer

I am convinced that there is no such thing as an unanswered prayer. I believe I’ve touched on this before in an earlier post. But I’ve received some new revelations to add to my case. 2 Corinthians 1:20 For no matter how many promises God has made, they are "Yes" in Christ. And so through him the "Amen" is spoken by us to the glory of God. So does this mean that every prayer we send up, God says “Yes” to? Well, I must inform you, that it’s a little more complicated than that. Yet, it’s  not at all hard to understand. There is a three part transaction in this entire process. First we have OUR PRAYERS. Second, we have GOD’S PROMISES. Third, we have THE AMEN.” Yo, I’m so excited to explain this in full!  YOUR PRAYERS: The desires and issues of your heart are the language behind your prayers. Whatever interferences your heart experiences (that rhymes! Lol) determines the kind of prayer that you lift up to God. God will ALWAYS answer the prayer. Th