Skip to main content

Weeping May Endure for a Night...

I promised my life coach that I would write a post about a subject that spilled out of me during one of our sessions but everytime I started to do so, my spirit would be shifted in another direction.

This is where I was lead, Tuesday night I cried myself to sleep, Friday night I cried, myself to sleep and Saturday night I cried myself to sleep. Mind you I have a birthday coming up. My book Tears of Kings is now available for anybody who likes to read. I'm free with no immediate worries. I may not have everything I want but I have everything I need. So why have I been crying so much?

I mean I literally had to ask myself, "Are you bipolar or something, sweetie?" One day I'm doing cartwheels, singing in the rain, sliding down rainbows, chasing birds, and kissing flowers. Then the next day, I want to die! To make it worse, everywhere I turned I had the enemy irritating me. What gives? God has been doing an awesome job at getting me acquainted with how He works and it’s been AMAZING to say the LEAST. So the next question I had to ask myself is, “Why so serious?” (In my Joker voice from the Dark Knight.)

I had to hit myself upside the head with a shoe. Did I NOT remember sharing with you all in my last post that I was going to be DRINKING THE CUP! Did I FORGET that I DID in fact drink THE CUP? Did I forget what was in it? Did I forget, that one of the ministers at my church SPECIFICALLY told us NOT TO FORGET? Yup! Somebody say, “She forgot.”

And guess what else I forgot folks? I forgot that THE CUP would expose me to the devils wiles and foolery. I forgot I would be VULNERABLE AND NAKED, because in order to go higher you HAVE TO GET NAKED to be pruned. You have to allow God to pull off all that DEAD SKIN. Depending on where He wants to take you, the side effects will vary, but there’s an unavoidable an inevitable side effect that may linger for a little bit, WEEPING MAY ENDURE FOR A NIGHT.

Now hear this, I am not a sensitive person but I am super emotional. I know that doesn’t even make sense. Lol. Look, before I got into a serious relationship with God, someone told me that I had no feelings, that I was hard and rigid. People would intentionally throw things at me and it would either slide or bounce off of me. And even though nothing really sank in, I would bite back HARD! That’s where the super emotions kicked in. If I’m happy, then I am very, very happy. If I’m sad then I’m very, very sad. When I'm mad, CHILE WATCH OUT! There’s no in between with me, ALL EXTREMES! But all this crying is blowing me. It’s so foreign yo!
                                      Psalm 30:5
“For his anger endureth but a moment; in his favour is life: weeping may endure for a night, but joy cometh in the morning.”

I like to believe, based off of my experience, that, “NIGHT” in this scripture can expand as far as 24 hours to some days. Don’t mean to scare you but, you may even experience weeping for an ENTIRE SEASON. It all depends on what God is trying to get out of you.
                                 Psalm 126:5
“Those who sow with tears will reap with songs of joy.”

How do you DEAL with this side effect? Well first, DON’T try to MIX MEDICINES! You have to let whatever was in THE CUP drain and flush you out and it can only do that when you let it go through your system and run its course. Don’t run to people, they can potentially REINFECT YOU and don’t run to the TEMPTATIONS OF YOUR FLESH. What was the point of drinking THE CUP? Now why you wanna go and do that?(In my T.I. voice.) It’s so funny that my pastor told us this Sunday that sometimes you have to be by yourself. THIS is a perfect time to be alone.
                                   James 1:2-4
Count it all joy, my brothers, when you meet trials of various kinds, for you know that the testing of your faith produces steadfastness. And let steadfastness have its full effect, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing.

That’s it right there! There is nothing else you should do my dear during this time but stay still and LET THE CUP WRECK YOU! Let God BREAK YOU IN HALF and EMPTY YOU OUT! When the medicine has flooded your veins, you will wake up in a new season with a BRAND NEW kind of JOY. You will feel unstoppable because you WILL BE UNSTOPPABLE. The light that you’ll harness will be blinding and the blessing that you’ll reap will be too big to carry. And that’s the GOOD NEWS my awesome friends. WEEPING MAY ENDURE FOR A NIGHT, BUT JOY COMES IN THE MORNING! You feel me?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Strawberry Crush

Have you ever developed a crush for someone? How did you feel? How did you respond to this feeling? Did you challenge it? Did you explore it? Did it ever go away?  I remember my first crush. I was in first grade when I met Calvin. He was the cutest light bright I'd ever seen. My teacher caught on and would actually allow us to sit together. We would enjoy our innocent times, him making me laugh and me sharing my snacks. I loved him before I even knew what love was. But Calvin was a bad boy. He got in trouble a lot. I would take up for him too. But one day I would not be able to see him again because he moved away and transferred to another school. My heart was torn in half as I would miss him for a while.  That was about 24 years ago. Since then I've had a few crushes. None of them really went anywhere but to a disappointing dead end. Which has provoked me to seek understanding of what does "having a crush," really mean. In all honesty, having a crush on so

DEATH TO BOAZ!

If I hear another woman of God say she’s waiting on her “Boaz”, I’m going to scream my lungs bloody and hit her upside the head with an offering basket! Real talk! You’ve read the title, so you probably already can guess that this post is not going to be the nicest cup of tea you’ve had to drink. But you have to drink it and YES THIS IS YOUR BUSINESS! I hate to break it to you dear, BOAZ is not coming! Boaz was for Ruth and Ruth only. Boaz was tied to Ruth’s assignment. He is not TIED TO YOURS! I am afraid that the church has cooked up this lovely fairytale that every woman has a BOAZ designated for her. WRONG! If you go into the word, Boaz wasn’t even all that aaaaanndd Naomi helped Ruth come up with a cute little scheme to get homie’s attention. RUTH 3:1-5 One day Ruth’s mother-in-law Naomi said to her, “My daughter, I must find a home[a] for you, where you will be well provided for. 2 Now Boaz, with whose women you have worked, is a relative of ours. Tonight he wi

The Effectual Fervent Prayer

I am convinced that there is no such thing as an unanswered prayer. I believe I’ve touched on this before in an earlier post. But I’ve received some new revelations to add to my case. 2 Corinthians 1:20 For no matter how many promises God has made, they are "Yes" in Christ. And so through him the "Amen" is spoken by us to the glory of God. So does this mean that every prayer we send up, God says “Yes” to? Well, I must inform you, that it’s a little more complicated than that. Yet, it’s  not at all hard to understand. There is a three part transaction in this entire process. First we have OUR PRAYERS. Second, we have GOD’S PROMISES. Third, we have THE AMEN.” Yo, I’m so excited to explain this in full!  YOUR PRAYERS: The desires and issues of your heart are the language behind your prayers. Whatever interferences your heart experiences (that rhymes! Lol) determines the kind of prayer that you lift up to God. God will ALWAYS answer the prayer. Th