Skip to main content

WHY ME, GOD?

Yo, have you ever been so frustrated with your life that you just wanted to say, "F&ck it, I quit!" Has your walk with God made you question Him like, "Why me, God?"

This past Friday, I went there. First of all, Friday came with its boxing gloves and ready for some mad bull jive! You feel me? And yes I did pray that morning. I prayed for clarity, revelation, and instruction.

So I get halfway through a mentally exhausting work day, and I get kicked in the gut! Reeling in pain, before I could catch my breath I get punched in the chest. Let's just say I was done for the rest of day. 

After work I took myself on a date. Life just seemed to be easier for those few hours. But those few hours left me as fast as they'd come and as I walked to my castle, reality sank in. The pain from earlier came back. I had to come to grips with the fact that I'd been jumped on in the spirit. 

I sat in bed with my back against the wall and for the first time this year I cried. I was mad at myself because I told myself I would not do that this year. I told myself I would not be weak. Then I directed my attention to God and asked, "Why me, God?"

I went so far as to question the value of my life. I questioned His decisions to keep waking me up everyday. I wondered how important could my purpose be that He refused to just take me out. 

A terrible discussion that actually brought things into deep perspective for me. Who the heck am I? Who the heck are YOU? What are we potentially doing to get in the way of our purpose and God's will? What are we doing to make our lives harder than they have to be? What are we screwing up so bad to make us even, ask, "Why me God?'

Have we gotten comfortable in our dysfunction that God has to light a fire up our a$$es to get our attention! Have you been feeling like the walls are closing in on you? Do you feel really uncomfortable, unfufilled, and extremely unsatisfied with almost everything? 

What are you doing about it? Nothing? Welp! There you have it chile! If you haven't already, be prepared to feel some FIRE! Be prepared to get jumped on! You see, God can't physically MAKE us do anything. He will however turn up the levels of sensitivity in our spirits, so that whatever ISN'T working in favor of the overall health of our spirits, will perpetually irritate the HELL out of us. LITERALLY!

Philippians 2:13
"for it is God who works in you to will and to act in order to fulfill his good purpose."

There's something in you that God is trying to pull out. And then there's something that He's trying to put in you. There's something that He told you to do that you haven't acted on. What is it? I'm going to need you to sit down and figure it out. Don't feel bad though. In the bible Jacob got jumped on too.  

Genesis 32:25-32
So Jacob was left alone, and a man wrestled with him till daybreak.  When the man saw that he could not overpower him, he touched the socket of Jacob’s hip so that his hip was wrenched as he wrestled with the man. Then the man said, “Let me go, for it is daybreak.”
But Jacob replied, “I will not let you go unless you bless me.”
 The man asked him, “What is your name?”
“Jacob,” he answered.
 Then the man said, “Your name will no longer be Jacob, but Israel,[a] because you have struggled with God and with humans and have overcome.”
 Jacob said, “Please tell me your name.”
But he replied, “Why do you ask my name?” Then he blessed him there.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Strawberry Crush

Have you ever developed a crush for someone? How did you feel? How did you respond to this feeling? Did you challenge it? Did you explore it? Did it ever go away?  I remember my first crush. I was in first grade when I met Calvin. He was the cutest light bright I'd ever seen. My teacher caught on and would actually allow us to sit together. We would enjoy our innocent times, him making me laugh and me sharing my snacks. I loved him before I even knew what love was. But Calvin was a bad boy. He got in trouble a lot. I would take up for him too. But one day I would not be able to see him again because he moved away and transferred to another school. My heart was torn in half as I would miss him for a while.  That was about 24 years ago. Since then I've had a few crushes. None of them really went anywhere but to a disappointing dead end. Which has provoked me to seek understanding of what does "having a crush," really mean. In all honesty, having a crush on so

DEATH TO BOAZ!

If I hear another woman of God say she’s waiting on her “Boaz”, I’m going to scream my lungs bloody and hit her upside the head with an offering basket! Real talk! You’ve read the title, so you probably already can guess that this post is not going to be the nicest cup of tea you’ve had to drink. But you have to drink it and YES THIS IS YOUR BUSINESS! I hate to break it to you dear, BOAZ is not coming! Boaz was for Ruth and Ruth only. Boaz was tied to Ruth’s assignment. He is not TIED TO YOURS! I am afraid that the church has cooked up this lovely fairytale that every woman has a BOAZ designated for her. WRONG! If you go into the word, Boaz wasn’t even all that aaaaanndd Naomi helped Ruth come up with a cute little scheme to get homie’s attention. RUTH 3:1-5 One day Ruth’s mother-in-law Naomi said to her, “My daughter, I must find a home[a] for you, where you will be well provided for. 2 Now Boaz, with whose women you have worked, is a relative of ours. Tonight he wi

The Effectual Fervent Prayer

I am convinced that there is no such thing as an unanswered prayer. I believe I’ve touched on this before in an earlier post. But I’ve received some new revelations to add to my case. 2 Corinthians 1:20 For no matter how many promises God has made, they are "Yes" in Christ. And so through him the "Amen" is spoken by us to the glory of God. So does this mean that every prayer we send up, God says “Yes” to? Well, I must inform you, that it’s a little more complicated than that. Yet, it’s  not at all hard to understand. There is a three part transaction in this entire process. First we have OUR PRAYERS. Second, we have GOD’S PROMISES. Third, we have THE AMEN.” Yo, I’m so excited to explain this in full!  YOUR PRAYERS: The desires and issues of your heart are the language behind your prayers. Whatever interferences your heart experiences (that rhymes! Lol) determines the kind of prayer that you lift up to God. God will ALWAYS answer the prayer. Th