Skip to main content

The Curse of the 10% (Part II)


Alright now, where did we leave off? Yes, would a man rob God or would he not rob God? That is the question. The priests were engaging in thievery as recorded in the book of Malachi and God cursed them and their baldheaded kids. (Dang, He did that!) 

I made a very bold statement in part I of this post, "THERE IS NO REASON FOR THE TITHE!"  I made that post to get your attention. There is NO REASON for the tithe because JESUS became the tithe. You see tithing was a law as I showed in Hebrews 7 but also recall in Malachi 3, I stated that God told the priests that a messenger would come and wipe the priests clean. 

Malachi 3:1-4
“Look! I’m sending my messenger on ahead to clear the way for me. Suddenly, out of the blue, the Leader you’ve been looking for will enter his Temple—yes, the Messenger of the Covenant, the one you’ve been waiting for. Look! He’s on his way!” A Message from the mouth of God-of-the-Angel-Armies.

But who will be able to stand up to that coming? Who can survive his appearance?
He’ll be like white-hot fire from the smelter’s furnace. He’ll be like the strongest lye soap at the laundry. He’ll take his place as a refiner of silver, as a cleanser of dirty clothes. He’ll scrub the Levite priests clean, refine them like gold and silver, until they’re fit for God, fit to present offerings of righteousness. Then, and only then, will Judah and Jerusalem be fit and pleasing to God, as they used to be in the years long ago.

That messenger was JESUS! Once Jesus was nailed to the cross all those curses including the Malachi 2 curse was nailed with him. Thus meaning the priest and anybody else no longer was tied to the tithe! The tithe is real. But the curse of the 10% is more real. People have been conditioned to believe because of how Malachi 3:10 has been presented, that if they squeeze dimes out of every dollar then they will get it back times ten! That they will get that car. That they will get that house. And then when people don't see anything after years of squeezing, they either get mad at God (not the pastor) or leave God and the church altogether. 

Sad! You will not be cursed if you don't pay tithes. You should give freely from your heart because you love God, not because you want something from him. Pastors have been using the tithe against you because THEY want something from you! You give to the church to keep it functioning. You give to the church because you want it to be able to help those in need even when that person in needs winds up to BE YOU! No excuses! If you don't have it, you don't have it. If you just want to pay offerings good for you. If you do or don't want to pay tithes and offerings, then do you honey. 

However, the church will survive off of what everyone gives collectively without the twisting of arms, pushing, selling, and hustling.The premise of tithes have been abused and used to whip parishoners over the back like a slave on a cotton field. You work to give and yet you're still struggling because you've been brainwashed to focus on ONE THING....PAY YOUR TITHE, YOU GET BLESSED. Well I'm crying, "FOUL!"

Galatians 3:11-12a
The obvious impossibility of carrying out such a moral program should make it plain that no one can sustain a relationship with God that way. The person who lives in right relationship with God does it by embracing what God arranges for him. Doing things for God is the opposite of entering into what God does for you. 

If you are operating in the Holy Spirit you will automatically feel some provocation to give. Don't get me wrong when you give FROM YOUR HEART you WILL reap. But if you give because you've been threatened nothing will happen for you. I've given to complete strangers at the direction of the Holy Spirit and gotten it back double, sometimes triple. Yet I've been a "faithful tither" for three and half years and I can't even calculate what I've gotten back...yes I can
  ZERO!  

This is one reason why people don't want to go to church because they feel like they will be hustled! It shouldn't be that way because God didn't design it to be that way. 

Galatians 3:2-4
"Let me put this question to you: How did your new life begin? Was it by working your heads off to please God? Or was it by responding to God’s Message to you? Are you going to continue this craziness? For only crazy people would think they could complete by their own efforts what was begun by God. If you weren’t smart enough or strong enough to begin it, how do you suppose you could perfect it? Did you go through this whole painful learning process for nothing? It is not yet a total loss, but it certainly will be if you keep this up!"

You know I received this revelation a year ago and guess what? I still was doing the same thing expecting a different result because I was CONDITIONED. It's hard to break a habit. Especially a bad habit. So, if you're a tither and your TIRED. Stop! Ask God to give you an amount and the first thing you hear, you give that. I'm probably going to get a lot of flack for this, but if God says nothing, YOU GIVE NOTHING. This will test your obedience to him. 

There is no reason to tithe because it encompasses your obedience and FAITH. When people start putting REASONS outside of that on tithes that's when things get real complicated. 

I'm almost done. (For real for real ;-) ) Now I promised that I would show you how to give without feeling humiliated or hustled. This is your hard earned money, you should want to give how God wants you to give as a believer. The scripture below were the instructions to the believer after Jesus' death. 

2 Corinthians 9:6-7

 Remember: A stingy planter gets a stingy crop; a lavish planter gets a lavish crop. I want each of you to take plenty of time to think it over, and make up your own mind what you will give. That will protect you against sob stories and arm-twisting. God loves it when the giver delights in the giving.

THIS WRAPS UP THE CURSE OF THE 10%

IF YOU DON'T WANT TO TAKE MY WORD FOR IT TAKE GOD'S WORD FOR IT AND OPEN UP THE BIBLE

Follow my Facebook Fanpage Author Tanzy Alexis
Purchase my book Tears of Kings on Amazon

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Strawberry Crush

Have you ever developed a crush for someone? How did you feel? How did you respond to this feeling? Did you challenge it? Did you explore it? Did it ever go away?  I remember my first crush. I was in first grade when I met Calvin. He was the cutest light bright I'd ever seen. My teacher caught on and would actually allow us to sit together. We would enjoy our innocent times, him making me laugh and me sharing my snacks. I loved him before I even knew what love was. But Calvin was a bad boy. He got in trouble a lot. I would take up for him too. But one day I would not be able to see him again because he moved away and transferred to another school. My heart was torn in half as I would miss him for a while.  That was about 24 years ago. Since then I've had a few crushes. None of them really went anywhere but to a disappointing dead end. Which has provoked me to seek understanding of what does "having a crush," really mean. In all honesty, having a crush on so

DEATH TO BOAZ!

If I hear another woman of God say she’s waiting on her “Boaz”, I’m going to scream my lungs bloody and hit her upside the head with an offering basket! Real talk! You’ve read the title, so you probably already can guess that this post is not going to be the nicest cup of tea you’ve had to drink. But you have to drink it and YES THIS IS YOUR BUSINESS! I hate to break it to you dear, BOAZ is not coming! Boaz was for Ruth and Ruth only. Boaz was tied to Ruth’s assignment. He is not TIED TO YOURS! I am afraid that the church has cooked up this lovely fairytale that every woman has a BOAZ designated for her. WRONG! If you go into the word, Boaz wasn’t even all that aaaaanndd Naomi helped Ruth come up with a cute little scheme to get homie’s attention. RUTH 3:1-5 One day Ruth’s mother-in-law Naomi said to her, “My daughter, I must find a home[a] for you, where you will be well provided for. 2 Now Boaz, with whose women you have worked, is a relative of ours. Tonight he wi

The Effectual Fervent Prayer

I am convinced that there is no such thing as an unanswered prayer. I believe I’ve touched on this before in an earlier post. But I’ve received some new revelations to add to my case. 2 Corinthians 1:20 For no matter how many promises God has made, they are "Yes" in Christ. And so through him the "Amen" is spoken by us to the glory of God. So does this mean that every prayer we send up, God says “Yes” to? Well, I must inform you, that it’s a little more complicated than that. Yet, it’s  not at all hard to understand. There is a three part transaction in this entire process. First we have OUR PRAYERS. Second, we have GOD’S PROMISES. Third, we have THE AMEN.” Yo, I’m so excited to explain this in full!  YOUR PRAYERS: The desires and issues of your heart are the language behind your prayers. Whatever interferences your heart experiences (that rhymes! Lol) determines the kind of prayer that you lift up to God. God will ALWAYS answer the prayer. Th