Skip to main content

Jesus Has a Face?

 

How many people went to the movies to see the Son of God that was in theaters a while back? Not I! I was not going to see that overly sensationalized depiction of the Bible. I'm for certain it was two hours and some odd minutes worth of blasphemous foolery! Just like the movie Noah and all the other ridiculous adaptations. Am I upset? No. I am just amazed at how much we've been conditioned to believe the LIES, FAIRYTALES, AND FANTASIES! 

Warning, this post is probably going to be my most controversial, next to my posts about the tithe! So proceed with caution.

After watching the Bible miniseries on the History channel last year I believe, I was sort of rubbed the wrong way in the end. I felt somewhat uneasy. That feeling resurfaced about a week ago after prayer when I asked myself the question, "Jesus has a face?" If he does what does he really look like?  One of the biggest lies we've been told is in regards to what Jesus looked like. This lie might I add, will do much more harm than good. My thing is, who was alive and well enough to tell these artists what Jesus looked like? How do we know what his race is? Does it even matter? I will say, detail for detail of Jesus' appearance doesn't matter. But expecting him to show up as one thing only for him to come back as something else, IS what matters. 

I'm afraid, we're in for a rude awakening. For one, in the book of Revelations we have three main people that will be made known to us during the end of days. 1: The Devil 2: The Antichrist & 3: Jesus.

Wouldn't it suck to find out that the devil looks like all those pictures that's been shoved down our throats for eons? And for things to be so out of hand during this time we're going to really need to know what's coming our way. Especially if the antichrist is going to be this approachable and charming individual. 

My friends, I am here to inform you that we have broken the 2nd of the 10 Commandments.

Exodus 20:3
"You shall not make for yourself a graven image, or any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth; you shall not bow down to them or serve them; for I The Lord your God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children to the third and the fourth generation of those who hate Me, but showing steadfast love to thousands of those who love Me and keep My Commandments."

Every image of Jesus from the memes on Facebook to the Sunday school books our babies have been given, yes, all of those images are graven images of God!!!! They are just as worse as those outrageous gold chains with charms of "Jesus" dangling. Yup, those disgusting pieces of jewelry the rappers are wearing.

This is one reason why a lot of people are struggling with believing because they have yet to see this man in these paintings. If they can just get a glimpse of that image that their so familiar with, then maybe just maybe they would believe. This was the ultimate scheme. Give the world something to accompany the Bible, something that they can see. Make them believe that it is something that it isn't. 

It will require some serious deconditioning of ourselves for us to suddenly stop believing that these images of a strikingly handsome Caucasian man with a perm and tapered beard is Jesus. The devil would rather pick that image out and pour it into every avenue he can to distract us. We won't even know what to believe when Jesus does show up. It's going to be super chaotic! And I'm praying that God does something quick because we've been corkscrewed! 

Back to these terrible movies. They depict the devil and his demons a certain way as well. Even the angels! More than half of these images aren't true either. Why am I telling you all this? Why am I destroying your Santa Clause and Easter bunny dreams? No reason, other than to bring you into a different way of thinking. To make you aware of the distraction! 

Look at this, God's voice has a way of gripping the very core of your being. Never mind what he looks like, it's one of those, you will KNOW, when you will know. And here's the evidence,

John 10:25-30

Jesus answered them, “I’ve told you, but you don’t believe me. The things that I do in my Father’s name testify on my behalf.  However, you don’t believe because you’re not my sheep. My sheep respond to my voice, and I know who they are. They follow me, and I give them eternal life. They will never be lost, and no one will tear them away from me. My Father, who gave them to me, is greater than everyone else, and no one can tear them away from my Father.  The Father and I are one.”

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Strawberry Crush

Have you ever developed a crush for someone? How did you feel? How did you respond to this feeling? Did you challenge it? Did you explore it? Did it ever go away?  I remember my first crush. I was in first grade when I met Calvin. He was the cutest light bright I'd ever seen. My teacher caught on and would actually allow us to sit together. We would enjoy our innocent times, him making me laugh and me sharing my snacks. I loved him before I even knew what love was. But Calvin was a bad boy. He got in trouble a lot. I would take up for him too. But one day I would not be able to see him again because he moved away and transferred to another school. My heart was torn in half as I would miss him for a while.  That was about 24 years ago. Since then I've had a few crushes. None of them really went anywhere but to a disappointing dead end. Which has provoked me to seek understanding of what does "having a crush," really mean. In all honesty, having a crush on so

DEATH TO BOAZ!

If I hear another woman of God say she’s waiting on her “Boaz”, I’m going to scream my lungs bloody and hit her upside the head with an offering basket! Real talk! You’ve read the title, so you probably already can guess that this post is not going to be the nicest cup of tea you’ve had to drink. But you have to drink it and YES THIS IS YOUR BUSINESS! I hate to break it to you dear, BOAZ is not coming! Boaz was for Ruth and Ruth only. Boaz was tied to Ruth’s assignment. He is not TIED TO YOURS! I am afraid that the church has cooked up this lovely fairytale that every woman has a BOAZ designated for her. WRONG! If you go into the word, Boaz wasn’t even all that aaaaanndd Naomi helped Ruth come up with a cute little scheme to get homie’s attention. RUTH 3:1-5 One day Ruth’s mother-in-law Naomi said to her, “My daughter, I must find a home[a] for you, where you will be well provided for. 2 Now Boaz, with whose women you have worked, is a relative of ours. Tonight he wi

The Effectual Fervent Prayer

I am convinced that there is no such thing as an unanswered prayer. I believe I’ve touched on this before in an earlier post. But I’ve received some new revelations to add to my case. 2 Corinthians 1:20 For no matter how many promises God has made, they are "Yes" in Christ. And so through him the "Amen" is spoken by us to the glory of God. So does this mean that every prayer we send up, God says “Yes” to? Well, I must inform you, that it’s a little more complicated than that. Yet, it’s  not at all hard to understand. There is a three part transaction in this entire process. First we have OUR PRAYERS. Second, we have GOD’S PROMISES. Third, we have THE AMEN.” Yo, I’m so excited to explain this in full!  YOUR PRAYERS: The desires and issues of your heart are the language behind your prayers. Whatever interferences your heart experiences (that rhymes! Lol) determines the kind of prayer that you lift up to God. God will ALWAYS answer the prayer. Th