Skip to main content

Beyond A Reasonable Doubt




 As I sat here, at my dining table eating breakfast, I began to reflect on yesterday's witnessing of yet another person walking away freely from a crime he committed against another man, aka the Mike Brown case. I concluded, that although tragically unfortunate, the defense must have done a stand up job at creating REASONABLE DOUBT among the jury. If not, then the accused would have been the CONVICTED. 

But I digress. This post will not divulge on the inner city injustices known and unknown. I will not attempt to voice my radical views or conspiracy theories on the mass desecration on society, involving the judicial system and government by way of legislative abuse. I'm not going to do it! Because it's going to be done over and over on somewhere. So let me make a hard right into this post and take the term REASONABLE DOUBT with us.

Reasonable doubt- A standard of proof that must be surpassed to convict an accused in a criminal proceeding.

To understand reasonable doubt in a more general fashion. we must first understand DOUBT. Doubt means to waver to some degree. To not have a solid conviction one way or the other.
I am afraid, that the body of Christ, are not operating in solid conviction. Thus, BEYOND A REASONABLE DOUBT.

I'm not even going to lie to you, I panic when things don't go as planned. I run sometimes when things become unbearable. I throw sidebar tantrums like, "Ok, God, you said this. And you said that. But this and that ain't happening. I'm angry with you! You're making me look like a fool. I quit!"
I am a prime example of a believer who's not operating beyond a reasonable doubt. 

I'm someone who from a very young age, just KNEW stuff. I was super inquisitive and extremely curious about EVERYTHING. I read a lot and I asked a lot of questions. I watched and listened to everything. After I taught myself how to read, I discovered I had the gift of foresight. That gift, quite keen I must add, literally RUINED all the suspense in my life, because I knew what was going to happen. 

So imagine a MISS KNOW IT ALL in a relationship with God who is OMNISCIENT or all knowing. FIRE AND ICE! I continue to  wrestle with Him. My argument; "Why would you give me this gift, if I'm only going to be getting in my own way and YOUR WAY." And He always answers me by placing me into situations where my gift is paralyzed. Lol Check THAT OUT. He does this, to pull me into a place beyond a reasonable doubt. Into a place where, I just have to know, that I know, that I KNOW! Without even really having a lot of proof that I know anything. You get that?

This is the place where He wants all of His believers to be. A place where no matter what happens, no matter what it looks like, no matter where His favor just seems like it isn't working, a place where we can say boldly and proudly, "I know that, without a shadow of doubt, God is in this. And that God will do what said He would do. That His promises will be made known in the natural. That I will not be put to shame for believing Him. That the vision He showed me will come to past. That I will be in the center of a miraculous blessing. That my latter will be greater than my former. That I will come out on top!" 

I was reading an article a few days ago and smack dab in the middle of the article in bold letters read;
"The less you know, the more you believe." 
Well slap your neighbor why don't you!
If you don't know everything, it forces you to go searching. A searcher has to believe something in order to keep searching. 

Doubt is a derivative of fear. God did not give us the spirit of fear. Perfect love drives out fear. God is love. What am I trying to get you to see? That we're in a season where our faith will be challenged to the core! Where visions will be robbed from the womb if we do not begin to operate beyond a reasonable doubt! How do you get there? You get there by sitting your lovely imperfect self at the feet of God and pull on His presence until it overtakes you. His presence is the very thing that will give you the confidence you need. Surround yourself with people who are believing the same thing and feed your faith with His word daily. At this point you can't afford not to. Understand me?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Strawberry Crush

Have you ever developed a crush for someone? How did you feel? How did you respond to this feeling? Did you challenge it? Did you explore it? Did it ever go away?  I remember my first crush. I was in first grade when I met Calvin. He was the cutest light bright I'd ever seen. My teacher caught on and would actually allow us to sit together. We would enjoy our innocent times, him making me laugh and me sharing my snacks. I loved him before I even knew what love was. But Calvin was a bad boy. He got in trouble a lot. I would take up for him too. But one day I would not be able to see him again because he moved away and transferred to another school. My heart was torn in half as I would miss him for a while.  That was about 24 years ago. Since then I've had a few crushes. None of them really went anywhere but to a disappointing dead end. Which has provoked me to seek understanding of what does "having a crush," really mean. In all honesty, having a crush on so

DEATH TO BOAZ!

If I hear another woman of God say she’s waiting on her “Boaz”, I’m going to scream my lungs bloody and hit her upside the head with an offering basket! Real talk! You’ve read the title, so you probably already can guess that this post is not going to be the nicest cup of tea you’ve had to drink. But you have to drink it and YES THIS IS YOUR BUSINESS! I hate to break it to you dear, BOAZ is not coming! Boaz was for Ruth and Ruth only. Boaz was tied to Ruth’s assignment. He is not TIED TO YOURS! I am afraid that the church has cooked up this lovely fairytale that every woman has a BOAZ designated for her. WRONG! If you go into the word, Boaz wasn’t even all that aaaaanndd Naomi helped Ruth come up with a cute little scheme to get homie’s attention. RUTH 3:1-5 One day Ruth’s mother-in-law Naomi said to her, “My daughter, I must find a home[a] for you, where you will be well provided for. 2 Now Boaz, with whose women you have worked, is a relative of ours. Tonight he wi

The Effectual Fervent Prayer

I am convinced that there is no such thing as an unanswered prayer. I believe I’ve touched on this before in an earlier post. But I’ve received some new revelations to add to my case. 2 Corinthians 1:20 For no matter how many promises God has made, they are "Yes" in Christ. And so through him the "Amen" is spoken by us to the glory of God. So does this mean that every prayer we send up, God says “Yes” to? Well, I must inform you, that it’s a little more complicated than that. Yet, it’s  not at all hard to understand. There is a three part transaction in this entire process. First we have OUR PRAYERS. Second, we have GOD’S PROMISES. Third, we have THE AMEN.” Yo, I’m so excited to explain this in full!  YOUR PRAYERS: The desires and issues of your heart are the language behind your prayers. Whatever interferences your heart experiences (that rhymes! Lol) determines the kind of prayer that you lift up to God. God will ALWAYS answer the prayer. Th