Skip to main content

Nobody's Perfect



Philippians 3:12

"Not that I have already obtained it or have already become perfect, but I press on so that I may lay hold of that for which also I was laid hold of by Christ Jesus."

Understand this people, nobody's perfect! Just because you decided to give your life over to God, doesn't mean you will suddenly walk away PEEFECT. Your imperfections, character flaws, and personality issues actually will be put on blast! 

I'm afraid the influx of social media attention we have experienced has caused perfection to book appearances everywhere. Don't let social media fool you. You know what else I found out, the ones who choose to limit what they share are the ones that seem perfect. And I'm one of them. I'm not perfect. I have panic attacks when I'm stressed. I throw tantrums when something don't seem right. I get depressed when I don't feel appreciated. I get depressed when I'm restless. Hell, I get depressed!

Keep pushing the RIGHT wrong buttons and you'll see the ugly vicious side of me. I hate being pegged wrong. I'm obsessive compulsive to an extent. I don't pray everyday. (Say whaaaat?) God is my everything but I don't mind talking about other things. Sometimes I don't feel like encouraging nobody. Matter of fact sometimes I don't feel like being bothered so I'll hide if I have to, to keep from explaining my antisocial behavior. I can curse like a sailor lol I often wonder if I'm bipolar. My therapist tried to talk me into taking drugs. DENIED! I stopped going to her because I felt I was smarter than her bwhaaaaaa!!! Yes I had a therapist. 

I struggle with self esteem every now and then. My confidence wanes from time to time. Typically if I change my profile pic to something other than my face it's a tell tale sign I'm experiencing some form of catharsis (emotional release) So yeah sheMEher ain't perfect KAPEESH?  

What am I sayng? NOBODY'S PERFECT! I mentioned this in my sermon back in September that perfect people don't fit into God's perfect will. You waste a huge amount of time trying fit your squares into circles by focusing your attention on superficial wordly perfection. God doesn't need your perfection. He needs your willingness to be exploited! Believers who are exploited by God are perfect vessells to win souls into the kingdom! My pastor reminded us that God doesn't want us to be perfect. He just doesn't want us to be FAKE! Once you get the concept in your head that NOBODY'S PEEFECT, stop looking at other people, and start looking at God, you are then a perfect candidate to be used for God's perfect will.

1 Peter 5:10

After you have suffered for a little while, the God of all grace, who called you to His eternal glory in Christ, will Himself perfect, confirm, strengthen and establish you.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Strawberry Crush

Have you ever developed a crush for someone? How did you feel? How did you respond to this feeling? Did you challenge it? Did you explore it? Did it ever go away?  I remember my first crush. I was in first grade when I met Calvin. He was the cutest light bright I'd ever seen. My teacher caught on and would actually allow us to sit together. We would enjoy our innocent times, him making me laugh and me sharing my snacks. I loved him before I even knew what love was. But Calvin was a bad boy. He got in trouble a lot. I would take up for him too. But one day I would not be able to see him again because he moved away and transferred to another school. My heart was torn in half as I would miss him for a while.  That was about 24 years ago. Since then I've had a few crushes. None of them really went anywhere but to a disappointing dead end. Which has provoked me to seek understanding of what does "having a crush," really mean. In all honesty, having a crush on so

DEATH TO BOAZ!

If I hear another woman of God say she’s waiting on her “Boaz”, I’m going to scream my lungs bloody and hit her upside the head with an offering basket! Real talk! You’ve read the title, so you probably already can guess that this post is not going to be the nicest cup of tea you’ve had to drink. But you have to drink it and YES THIS IS YOUR BUSINESS! I hate to break it to you dear, BOAZ is not coming! Boaz was for Ruth and Ruth only. Boaz was tied to Ruth’s assignment. He is not TIED TO YOURS! I am afraid that the church has cooked up this lovely fairytale that every woman has a BOAZ designated for her. WRONG! If you go into the word, Boaz wasn’t even all that aaaaanndd Naomi helped Ruth come up with a cute little scheme to get homie’s attention. RUTH 3:1-5 One day Ruth’s mother-in-law Naomi said to her, “My daughter, I must find a home[a] for you, where you will be well provided for. 2 Now Boaz, with whose women you have worked, is a relative of ours. Tonight he wi

The Effectual Fervent Prayer

I am convinced that there is no such thing as an unanswered prayer. I believe I’ve touched on this before in an earlier post. But I’ve received some new revelations to add to my case. 2 Corinthians 1:20 For no matter how many promises God has made, they are "Yes" in Christ. And so through him the "Amen" is spoken by us to the glory of God. So does this mean that every prayer we send up, God says “Yes” to? Well, I must inform you, that it’s a little more complicated than that. Yet, it’s  not at all hard to understand. There is a three part transaction in this entire process. First we have OUR PRAYERS. Second, we have GOD’S PROMISES. Third, we have THE AMEN.” Yo, I’m so excited to explain this in full!  YOUR PRAYERS: The desires and issues of your heart are the language behind your prayers. Whatever interferences your heart experiences (that rhymes! Lol) determines the kind of prayer that you lift up to God. God will ALWAYS answer the prayer. Th