Skip to main content

Blue God

2 Chronicles 6:18
"But will God indeed dwell with mankind on the earth? Behold, heaven and the highest heaven cannot contain You; how much less this house which I have built.

I saw a meme that was re-shared Monday on Facebook that said something like this, “I’m not an atheist it’s just my concept of God is different from yours. Your God lives in the sky. My God lives in me.” Then the original person who shared the meme captioned a prose condemning people for leaving their seemingly warm homes to go to church and also following up under “pimping pastors.”
My spirit was immediately vexed. I asked myself, “Where did this person get this information from?"
This is a perfect example of how the enemy has people so wound up in SELF-deception that it’s not even funny anymore. From a very tender age (Read-Confessions of an Ex-Atheist), I myself knew that God does not live in the sky! Come on! You’ve got to be kidding me! This is what the devil is using to trip people up? Where God lives? Can anybody see how trivial this is?

Once my vexation subsided, I saw how misinformation almost always births this thing that deforms the spirit and it’s called PRIDE! God is omnipresent, meaning He’s everywhere always. In Genesis 1:6 it says God separated the water above and the water below by creating a vault, and He called that vault SKY. So, you mean to tell me He created the sky and then decided to jump in and live in it? Why would He do that? He created the sky for US. The sky was created for man! Not Him!

Moreover, when pride comes into full form it tends to distort and remold things to appease something else, REBELLION. You see, that person’s stance would suggest that God has some form of human need. How else would one explain making such a poor attempt of putting God in a place that we can see, in one locale that we can pinpoint? And this person’s caption, solidifies this further when they brought up the church.


The rebellious conglomerate would like to have nothing to do with the church for emotional reasons not for spiritual reasons, but they will often portray these reasons as such. My thing is, how do you know that this ‘God” in you is even THEE omniscient, OMNIPRESENT, omnipotent, GOD? How do you know that this “God” in you is none other than YOU, YOURSELF? Or worse, a friendly stronghold working for the devil? This leads me back to the word of God,

Romans 10:4,
“How then shall they call on Him in whom they have not believed? And how shall they believe in Him of whom they have not heard? And how shall they hear without a preacher?”

Once again, the rebellious conglomerate would like to have nothing to do with the church because they don’t want their “God” to be checked or challenged. They don’t want anyone touching their MESS!

#Transparent Moment:  There have been cases where I’ve looked for every possibility for something to be off just to give me a reason not to be a part of it. All I needed was a SMALL piece of validation and, ‘Up! That’s it! I’m out!”

This is the mindset of the rebellious when it comes to church. They exhaust all angles to keep from going to the place that’s actually in place to examine the condition of their souls all the while their souls lay rotten and unintended. This is a grave tragedy.

The only part of this person’s caption I could readily agree with is the part where they mentioned they weren’t an atheist. CORRECT. Because…Dear children, this is the last hour; and as you have heard that the antichrist is coming, even now many antichrists have come. This is how we know it is the last hour. 1 John 2:18
If ones definition of God is but a weak competition between a little god (“The God that lives in me”) and a blue God (“The God that lives in the sky") and then is endorsed by condemning the Hebrews 10:25 request to not give up the assembling of the saints as most have and stereotyping the pastor, could one really say that they even believe in Jesus? Any denial of Christ, is then the antichrist. Yet, what's really frightening about this is, the  person, and anyone else who thinks this way, doesn't even know what kind of agreement they're associating themselves with. Thus, I'm further encouraged to pray for this special type of unbeliever, who's not quite atheist but not quite pro-Christ. 


I titled this post after a song I fell in love with a few years ago by Jessica Reedy. Check it out!
Blue God

G.I.N.O
 God Is Number One!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Strawberry Crush

Have you ever developed a crush for someone? How did you feel? How did you respond to this feeling? Did you challenge it? Did you explore it? Did it ever go away?  I remember my first crush. I was in first grade when I met Calvin. He was the cutest light bright I'd ever seen. My teacher caught on and would actually allow us to sit together. We would enjoy our innocent times, him making me laugh and me sharing my snacks. I loved him before I even knew what love was. But Calvin was a bad boy. He got in trouble a lot. I would take up for him too. But one day I would not be able to see him again because he moved away and transferred to another school. My heart was torn in half as I would miss him for a while.  That was about 24 years ago. Since then I've had a few crushes. None of them really went anywhere but to a disappointing dead end. Which has provoked me to seek understanding of what does "having a crush," really mean. In all honesty, having a crush on so

DEATH TO BOAZ!

If I hear another woman of God say she’s waiting on her “Boaz”, I’m going to scream my lungs bloody and hit her upside the head with an offering basket! Real talk! You’ve read the title, so you probably already can guess that this post is not going to be the nicest cup of tea you’ve had to drink. But you have to drink it and YES THIS IS YOUR BUSINESS! I hate to break it to you dear, BOAZ is not coming! Boaz was for Ruth and Ruth only. Boaz was tied to Ruth’s assignment. He is not TIED TO YOURS! I am afraid that the church has cooked up this lovely fairytale that every woman has a BOAZ designated for her. WRONG! If you go into the word, Boaz wasn’t even all that aaaaanndd Naomi helped Ruth come up with a cute little scheme to get homie’s attention. RUTH 3:1-5 One day Ruth’s mother-in-law Naomi said to her, “My daughter, I must find a home[a] for you, where you will be well provided for. 2 Now Boaz, with whose women you have worked, is a relative of ours. Tonight he wi

The Effectual Fervent Prayer

I am convinced that there is no such thing as an unanswered prayer. I believe I’ve touched on this before in an earlier post. But I’ve received some new revelations to add to my case. 2 Corinthians 1:20 For no matter how many promises God has made, they are "Yes" in Christ. And so through him the "Amen" is spoken by us to the glory of God. So does this mean that every prayer we send up, God says “Yes” to? Well, I must inform you, that it’s a little more complicated than that. Yet, it’s  not at all hard to understand. There is a three part transaction in this entire process. First we have OUR PRAYERS. Second, we have GOD’S PROMISES. Third, we have THE AMEN.” Yo, I’m so excited to explain this in full!  YOUR PRAYERS: The desires and issues of your heart are the language behind your prayers. Whatever interferences your heart experiences (that rhymes! Lol) determines the kind of prayer that you lift up to God. God will ALWAYS answer the prayer. Th