Skip to main content

(Sniff Sniff) "What is that I smell?" #CARNALITY!!!!




Well hello there! We are literally, smack dab in the middle of the first month of what is still considered a fairly new year. I can tell you that there's so many areas of opportunity for each of us to explore and no actual pressure to have these areas look a certain way according to any particular bystander. In other words, I know where I'm lacking, at the moment and you should for yourself. Now. it's time to figure out how to reverse these lacks and turn them into gains! 
Speaking of lacks...

I have a question for all of my believers and those who may be wavering and reading this post,"If Jesus paid the price for you, then what is your change?" I warn you now that this post may offend you. I actually want it to. 

When I decided to breathe life back into this page, I went from my first post in 2013 to the last post in 2015. I could see my tremendous growth. I could see my maturation. I could see my blood and wounds. My creativity. My demons. I could hear my dialect changing. I could pinpoint where I was spiritually in each post. I saw my desperation, my decline, and ultimately, I saw my death. I also saw in various posts, which is the motivation of today's post, MY CARNALITY. !GASP!


And I wasn't surprised at all. Most of my carnality was fostered by the environments I was in at the time of which merely fueled the works of the flesh.


Galatians 5:19-21

 Now the works of the flesh are obvious: sexual immorality, moral impurity, promiscuity (total irresponsibility and lack of self control),  idolatry, sorcery (witchcraft), hatreds, strife, jealousy, outbursts of anger, selfish ambitions, disputes, dissensions (antagonisms), factions (cliques that promote blasphemy), envy, drunkenness, riotous behavior, and anything similar. I am warning you about these things—as I warned you before—that those who practice such things will not inherit the kingdom of God.

I actually want this post to be like a splash of cold water in your face. Or like somebody catching you before you fall. Because I personally know what a decline looks like and I know what the celebration of fleshly madness looks like too. The closer you get to God, the more He begins to make you uncomfortable with even the "cool" things about you. And on the flip-side the closer you get to Him the more He begins to embrace the things you actually can't stand about yourself. The parts of you that you would prefer to hide. He takes snapshots of it all like multiple X-rays for a dental exam. He creates a definition for your deliberate anonymity as well as your purposeful conspicuity.


Meaning, He breaks you down to the bone with the TRUTH because He is the way, the truth, and the life. As believers we are charged to make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe everything He commanded us to do. which is the Great Commission (Matthew 26:16-20) but we can't do that if we're hiding the God in us, by advertising the flesh of us. So I need you to go back to Galatians 5:19-21 and see if you're in there somewhere and decide today that you're going to take that thing to the altar and BURN IT! If  you don't see yourself, wait one minute...


Proverbs 6:16

There are six things which the LORD hates, Yes, seven which are an abomination to Him: haughty eyes (overestimating oneself and looking down on someone else), a lying tongue, hands that shed innocent blood, a heart that devises wicked schemes, feet that are quick to rush into evil, a false witness who pours out lies (even half-truths) and a person who stirs up conflict in the 
community (spreading rumors).

FOCUS! FOR A MINUTE THERE I KNOW YOU MAY HAVE THOUGHT THIS SOUNDED LIKE A DESCRIPTION OF SOMEONE ELSE! NO! NEGATIVE! THE SPOTLIGHT IS ON YOU!
THERE IS NO EVER LOVING LIVING WAY, you can say that you are a follower of Jesus Christ, not the white washed one. (Read an old post Jesus Has a Face?) and not have experienced MULTIPLE crucifixions, deaths, and resurrections and then not have had some visible transfigurations.

You should be monitoring your Christ-likeness daily and not in comparison to someone else, 

but in comparison to the One you claim to serve! You are not in a race to be more Christlike than your neighbor don't let that devil of comparison buck up in this hour! Rebuke that thing! You are in a competition with flesh self because flesh self is the enemy's BFF.
I can hear the enemy now, just laughing obnoxiously at believers who think it's OK to be blasphemous baffoons for the sake of a few social media likes and a following. Social media is not going to get you into heaven. How long do you want to spray perfume and cologne over your stinking CARNALITY and call it Christ-likeness? How long beloved?

You can still maintain your uniqueness and individuality WITHOUT being carnal. Without compromising the God standard in you. And there's a difference between having flaws and being plain out carnal! God can use your flaws and rough edges to draw the audience your call is designated to. But He can not use your carnality.  You can also be distinct and different while saving souls without an ounce of carnality. It's actually the parts of you that you've been trying to cover up with your carnality, i.e  your elementary banter and salt-less rhetoric, that He wants to use. See, it's your list of Used to Be's that needs to be larger than your Currentlies (I know this isn't a word), so God can do a NEW THING. How sweet the sound! If you've been comfortable in your carnality, you need to repent now! If you've been flirting with carnality to buffet the blows of rejection, give it to God, beloved.  It's all a matter of what you're willing to give up and bring to the altar in exchange for His transformative soul-winning power! (Sniff Sniff) What is that I smell? #CARNALITY!  

Hey, listen to this while you gather yourself! 

G.I.N.O 
God Is Number One 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Strawberry Crush

Have you ever developed a crush for someone? How did you feel? How did you respond to this feeling? Did you challenge it? Did you explore it? Did it ever go away?  I remember my first crush. I was in first grade when I met Calvin. He was the cutest light bright I'd ever seen. My teacher caught on and would actually allow us to sit together. We would enjoy our innocent times, him making me laugh and me sharing my snacks. I loved him before I even knew what love was. But Calvin was a bad boy. He got in trouble a lot. I would take up for him too. But one day I would not be able to see him again because he moved away and transferred to another school. My heart was torn in half as I would miss him for a while.  That was about 24 years ago. Since then I've had a few crushes. None of them really went anywhere but to a disappointing dead end. Which has provoked me to seek understanding of what does "having a crush," really mean. In all honesty, having a crush on so

DEATH TO BOAZ!

If I hear another woman of God say she’s waiting on her “Boaz”, I’m going to scream my lungs bloody and hit her upside the head with an offering basket! Real talk! You’ve read the title, so you probably already can guess that this post is not going to be the nicest cup of tea you’ve had to drink. But you have to drink it and YES THIS IS YOUR BUSINESS! I hate to break it to you dear, BOAZ is not coming! Boaz was for Ruth and Ruth only. Boaz was tied to Ruth’s assignment. He is not TIED TO YOURS! I am afraid that the church has cooked up this lovely fairytale that every woman has a BOAZ designated for her. WRONG! If you go into the word, Boaz wasn’t even all that aaaaanndd Naomi helped Ruth come up with a cute little scheme to get homie’s attention. RUTH 3:1-5 One day Ruth’s mother-in-law Naomi said to her, “My daughter, I must find a home[a] for you, where you will be well provided for. 2 Now Boaz, with whose women you have worked, is a relative of ours. Tonight he wi

The Effectual Fervent Prayer

I am convinced that there is no such thing as an unanswered prayer. I believe I’ve touched on this before in an earlier post. But I’ve received some new revelations to add to my case. 2 Corinthians 1:20 For no matter how many promises God has made, they are "Yes" in Christ. And so through him the "Amen" is spoken by us to the glory of God. So does this mean that every prayer we send up, God says “Yes” to? Well, I must inform you, that it’s a little more complicated than that. Yet, it’s  not at all hard to understand. There is a three part transaction in this entire process. First we have OUR PRAYERS. Second, we have GOD’S PROMISES. Third, we have THE AMEN.” Yo, I’m so excited to explain this in full!  YOUR PRAYERS: The desires and issues of your heart are the language behind your prayers. Whatever interferences your heart experiences (that rhymes! Lol) determines the kind of prayer that you lift up to God. God will ALWAYS answer the prayer. Th