Skip to main content

Mustard Seed



Matthew 17:20

And He said to them, "Because of the littleness of your faith; for truly I say to you, if you have faith the size of a mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there,' and it will move; and nothing will be impossible to you.


Pastor Mike Todd-Transformation Church 


When  you hear the word, faith, what do you hear? What is your definition of faith aside from the scripture Hebrews 11:1 that says, "Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things unseen?" What does that even mean? Can you show me how the substance of things hoped for showed up strong in your life? Can you specifically tell me how the evidence of things unseen got you here reading this post today? How has faith made an impact and imprint in your life? When's the last time you had to use faith? When was the last time your faith was really tested? When was the last time you felt like your faith had been used up? Is it a such thing as using up all of your faith?  What would have to happen for you to lose faith?


I just asked you a lot of questions, didn't I?
Well a wise person once stated that, "If what you believe is true, then it should be able to stand up against questioning." 

I personally believe that a lot of believers would not be able to answer these questions without either getting super off topic or super defensive basically because faith to them is an enigma. They don't really know what it is or they equate it to a balled up handful of watered down cliches handed to them by an older saint and some irrelevant experiences that merely scratches the surface. 

I like watching people and observing how they manage life. I especially like watching fellow believers during various seasons. Imagine watching little toy sail boats being tossed to and fro in a body of water. That's what I see.

The season we're in right now is a very FAITH trying one. And with watching others, I feel like I'm watching a re-run because they're responding exactly how they've always responded, faithfully, faithless. 

"Oh ye, of little faith," says God.


A few posts ago, I touched on the subject of fear in It's Just an Illusion.  I encourage you to read it when you get some time. Listen, faith is none other than the absence of fear. It is the opposite of discouragement. It is the opposite of anxiety. Faith is even the absence of insecurities and low self esteem. Not to be confused with the overestimation of strengths but it is the active acknowledgement of weaknesses and the deliberate decision to press on despite of. Faith says, "This thing is much more bigger than me. But I'm going to move it out of my way." Faith supersedes belief because as in James 2:19 says that even demons BELIEVE! 

You can believe in anything but don't necessarily have to operate in it or practice it. A lot of people say they believe in God but they do not act like Him. 
Faith is a propeller. Faith turns a stormy ocean into a boardwalk and says, "Go!" Faith hears unfavorable news and asks, "What are we going to do to get around this." 

The reason why without faith it is impossible to please God as Pastor Mike Todd pointed out a scripture in the video above, is because you need faith in order to interact with Him. You need faith in order to submit to Him. You need faith in order to obey His commands. You need faith in order to love Him which is the greatest of all commandments and to love your neighbors as you would love yourself. Why? Because you can't see Him. 

Faith is the wi-fi code to get access to our Father which art in heaven. Ha! 
Did you catch that? 

Now this part you're not going to like, faith is never revealed until a situation has arisen to incite, fear, panic, worry, stress, anxiety etc. You will know you have faith when the opposite appears and you're not consumed by it or feel the pressure to move in tandem with it. So that's what I've been seeing recently. Believers waltzing with fear, worry, strife, anger. practically holding hands with everything that's opposite of God's nature. Faith is committing to a monogamous relationship with the promises of God while standing in the face of a world that wants to convince you to cheat. 


I must also tell you this, you're not going to wake up everyday feeling like being in a relationship with the promises of God especially if they have yet to come to past. It's going to boil down to choice! Faith is a choice. You're not going to find it in a jar in the organic aisle next to the Nutella or almond butter at a produce store. I dare you to go to your nearest grocery store right now, you're not going to find it. 

BECAUSE FAITH IS A NOT AN OBJECT, IT IS A CHOICE! 

In Matthew 14:29 onward, Peter made a choice to step out of the boat when Jesus bid him to come. FAITH! Peter made a choice to walk on water to get to Jesus. FAITH! But Peter also made a choice to look at the wind chopping up the waters and guess what happened? 

I don't know. Go read it for yourself. 

Where love is a person and an action, faith is a call and a demand. It's calling forth what you know about God and demanding that it takes you into to the things of God when everything around you is contradicting the promises of God. 

You should take a walk down the Hall of Faith one day to get an even better understanding.  You'll find some amazing accounts there.

In the meantime in between time, understand that as long as you're breathing, this world with the enemy as its sponsor, will try to do everything in its might to get you to relinquish your mustard seed of faith. Because this little small matter is jam packed with so much power that if you would just activate it in the places where all hope seems to be lost and defeat is a culture, you would be responsible for overturning every lie, fairy-tale, and fantasy that has held you and the people connected to you captive! Even greater, your mustard seed combined with another's and theirs combined with someone else's can produce a whole forest that would be a force to be reckoned with! Can you imagine that? 


If you're reading this and you can honestly say you're struggling with faith or you've lost faith, I challenge you to go back to the last place you left it or lost it and plug it back into the WORD which is The Source!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Strawberry Crush

Have you ever developed a crush for someone? How did you feel? How did you respond to this feeling? Did you challenge it? Did you explore it? Did it ever go away?  I remember my first crush. I was in first grade when I met Calvin. He was the cutest light bright I'd ever seen. My teacher caught on and would actually allow us to sit together. We would enjoy our innocent times, him making me laugh and me sharing my snacks. I loved him before I even knew what love was. But Calvin was a bad boy. He got in trouble a lot. I would take up for him too. But one day I would not be able to see him again because he moved away and transferred to another school. My heart was torn in half as I would miss him for a while.  That was about 24 years ago. Since then I've had a few crushes. None of them really went anywhere but to a disappointing dead end. Which has provoked me to seek understanding of what does "having a crush," really mean. In all honesty, having a crush on so

DEATH TO BOAZ!

If I hear another woman of God say she’s waiting on her “Boaz”, I’m going to scream my lungs bloody and hit her upside the head with an offering basket! Real talk! You’ve read the title, so you probably already can guess that this post is not going to be the nicest cup of tea you’ve had to drink. But you have to drink it and YES THIS IS YOUR BUSINESS! I hate to break it to you dear, BOAZ is not coming! Boaz was for Ruth and Ruth only. Boaz was tied to Ruth’s assignment. He is not TIED TO YOURS! I am afraid that the church has cooked up this lovely fairytale that every woman has a BOAZ designated for her. WRONG! If you go into the word, Boaz wasn’t even all that aaaaanndd Naomi helped Ruth come up with a cute little scheme to get homie’s attention. RUTH 3:1-5 One day Ruth’s mother-in-law Naomi said to her, “My daughter, I must find a home[a] for you, where you will be well provided for. 2 Now Boaz, with whose women you have worked, is a relative of ours. Tonight he wi

The Effectual Fervent Prayer

I am convinced that there is no such thing as an unanswered prayer. I believe I’ve touched on this before in an earlier post. But I’ve received some new revelations to add to my case. 2 Corinthians 1:20 For no matter how many promises God has made, they are "Yes" in Christ. And so through him the "Amen" is spoken by us to the glory of God. So does this mean that every prayer we send up, God says “Yes” to? Well, I must inform you, that it’s a little more complicated than that. Yet, it’s  not at all hard to understand. There is a three part transaction in this entire process. First we have OUR PRAYERS. Second, we have GOD’S PROMISES. Third, we have THE AMEN.” Yo, I’m so excited to explain this in full!  YOUR PRAYERS: The desires and issues of your heart are the language behind your prayers. Whatever interferences your heart experiences (that rhymes! Lol) determines the kind of prayer that you lift up to God. God will ALWAYS answer the prayer. Th