Skip to main content

!!! RUN !!!



 Hebrews 12:1
Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles. And let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us, 


OMG! So this weekend a few of my colleagues and I participated in a 5k run here in Chicago near Soldier Field where our football games are held. It was one of Chicago's most unique runs because it started at 8 p.m. and along the trail there were multiple DJ booths set up playing music, bubble machines going, and selfie stations for people to take pictures. Needless to say, I thoroughly enjoyed myself and I can still feel some soreness in my legs. LOL! 


But when I first started, I was running with my two colleagues and three new friends I'd met while waiting to hit the trail. We were all running at a good pace together until I decided to take the shoulder of the trail to avoid being caught behind a large group of people who chose to walk. After awhile, I looked around and behind me, to notice we weren't running together anymore. By this time it was completely night and all of the people looked the same with their glow in the dark necklaces, bracelets, and flashing glow sticks . I couldn't make out where my gang was. I would turn around a few times running backwards to see if I could locate them, to no avail. I decided to leave well enough alone and kept running ahead. 


I was able to marvel at how the land met with the royal purple waters of Lake Michigan. There was a small island sitting perfectly in this grand lake. The beautiful sky kissed the night, while the lights of the city failed to compete with it's luster. Yet as I marveled, I ran


The Breathtaking View!

Even though I was no longer joined with my squad, I ran. There were people who stopped along the concrete platform to hang out with their respective groups, but I kept running. I decided to  run along the part of the trail connected to the grass and trees which was raised a few feet higher, to steer clear of the people who chose to congregate with one another. 


A runner decided to leave the area where the groups of people were to where I was but he tripped and fell trying to reach the elevated ground. He never let this stop him though. He got right up and kept running. Probably about 2 miles into the run my left calf begin to burn terribly with a cramp so much so I had to stop running, YET, I kept moving! I forced myself to continue a power walk. I refused to stop! 

In this hour, I wonder how many of you are willing to RUN? How many of you are willing to keep running when you lose sight of those who started running with you? How many of you are willing to keep running despite the many opportunities to stop even if these opportunities are not harmful? How many of you are willing to keep running when met with obstacle after obstacle? How many of you are willing to keep running after the promotion or elevation? How many of you will keep running when you witness others around you falling? How many of you are willing to keep running when you've been hurt or wounded? 


Be honest, beloved. 


Psalm 119:32I shall run the way of Your commandments, For You will enlarge my heart.

I've noticed a cancerous problem infesting the membranes of the body of Christ, WE'RE LAZY! We don't want to work, sweat, grind, cry, bleed, or sacrifice for anything! We use God's grace and sovereignty as our excuse to remain immobile using statements like, "I'm just waiting on the will of God to manifest in my life." 


I want you to understand something, God's will is active and action based. God's grace is the unmerited favor reserved for a place where our human selves lack NOT an endorsement for inactivity and bench dwelling! God's sovereignty is made active at the onset of an injustice NOT when our circumstances back us into a corner requiring us to make a decision when we don't want to. 


It's time to RUN! It's time to press toward the mark of the higher calling! It's time to run the race that has been set before us never minding those who are running faster or those who are running slower if at all. We must run with no excuses hindering us! 


We must run as if our very lives depend on it. As a matter of fact our lives ARE DEPENDING ON IT! There are assignments ahead of you with lives attached to them that have YOUR name on it. Your salvation requires that you keep running. The condition of your soul requires that you keep running. The state of your family and the reversal of generational curses housed in your bloodline mandates that you KEEP RUNNING!


1 Corinthians 9:24-25 

You know that in a race all the runners run but only one wins the prize, don’t you? You must run in such a way that you may be victorious. Everyone who enters an athletic contest practices self-control in everything. They do it to win a wreath that withers away, but we run to win a prize that never fades.

One day in April, I caught a vision of me sitting at my work desk crying. I felt the emotion behind the vision as well. I was not crying tears of joy but tears of sadness. My heart burned because I knew that this vision would have to come to past without me having any additional knowledge as to what would inevitably provoke these tears. Last week this vision spoke and it did not lie. 


For a moment, I lost my cool allowing my frenzied emotions to get the best of me. If you have a history of being robbed of something or watching anything of yours with solid value collapse in front of you, I believe you can relate to the level of frustration and sorrow I felt. 


BUT GOD!
He showed up like first aid through counsel and random confirmations, affirmations, and even a sudden breakthrough, leaving me in awe! I had no choice but to dry my eyes, lift my head, and keep running!!! 


To keep running doesn't mean you will not have moments of weakness or feel as if you're losing your breath. It means that you will hold fast to the reason you started running in the first place acknowledging the fact that as long as your temporary residence is here on this earth, nothing will be given to you without a fight! 


 Hear this though, when you choose to be unselfish in your pursuit to keep running if you trip or lose step, guess who will swoop in to your defense and ensure you not be pulled away from the trail in defeat and discouragement?


GOD!!! 


I am a living witness. I don't know anyone else who can set things up so smoothly where even the unfavorable news, glitches, mistakes, and antagonizing torments of the enemy are worked out to your advantage! You must trust that in your unrelenting press to keep running with no absolute clear definition of a destination, that your God has you covered in all areas! And even along the run there are some cool freebies for you to pick up with no strings attached. 


Catch this, your faith is your insurance plan. Your trust is the premium. You can't stop running for anyone or anything. If you're reading this now, and have not been running or rather started running at all, it's time to run! If you have been running, don't give up! Keep running!  I've been hearing that whatever the reward is, it will not be close to what you've been expecting. But it will be oh so worth it when it comes! 

So on your mark! Get set! Run!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Strawberry Crush

Have you ever developed a crush for someone? How did you feel? How did you respond to this feeling? Did you challenge it? Did you explore it? Did it ever go away?  I remember my first crush. I was in first grade when I met Calvin. He was the cutest light bright I'd ever seen. My teacher caught on and would actually allow us to sit together. We would enjoy our innocent times, him making me laugh and me sharing my snacks. I loved him before I even knew what love was. But Calvin was a bad boy. He got in trouble a lot. I would take up for him too. But one day I would not be able to see him again because he moved away and transferred to another school. My heart was torn in half as I would miss him for a while.  That was about 24 years ago. Since then I've had a few crushes. None of them really went anywhere but to a disappointing dead end. Which has provoked me to seek understanding of what does "having a crush," really mean. In all honesty, having a crush on so

DEATH TO BOAZ!

If I hear another woman of God say she’s waiting on her “Boaz”, I’m going to scream my lungs bloody and hit her upside the head with an offering basket! Real talk! You’ve read the title, so you probably already can guess that this post is not going to be the nicest cup of tea you’ve had to drink. But you have to drink it and YES THIS IS YOUR BUSINESS! I hate to break it to you dear, BOAZ is not coming! Boaz was for Ruth and Ruth only. Boaz was tied to Ruth’s assignment. He is not TIED TO YOURS! I am afraid that the church has cooked up this lovely fairytale that every woman has a BOAZ designated for her. WRONG! If you go into the word, Boaz wasn’t even all that aaaaanndd Naomi helped Ruth come up with a cute little scheme to get homie’s attention. RUTH 3:1-5 One day Ruth’s mother-in-law Naomi said to her, “My daughter, I must find a home[a] for you, where you will be well provided for. 2 Now Boaz, with whose women you have worked, is a relative of ours. Tonight he wi

The Effectual Fervent Prayer

I am convinced that there is no such thing as an unanswered prayer. I believe I’ve touched on this before in an earlier post. But I’ve received some new revelations to add to my case. 2 Corinthians 1:20 For no matter how many promises God has made, they are "Yes" in Christ. And so through him the "Amen" is spoken by us to the glory of God. So does this mean that every prayer we send up, God says “Yes” to? Well, I must inform you, that it’s a little more complicated than that. Yet, it’s  not at all hard to understand. There is a three part transaction in this entire process. First we have OUR PRAYERS. Second, we have GOD’S PROMISES. Third, we have THE AMEN.” Yo, I’m so excited to explain this in full!  YOUR PRAYERS: The desires and issues of your heart are the language behind your prayers. Whatever interferences your heart experiences (that rhymes! Lol) determines the kind of prayer that you lift up to God. God will ALWAYS answer the prayer. Th