Skip to main content

Don't Judge Me!


Luke 6:37
Do not judge, and you will not be judged. Do not condemn, and you will not be condemned. Forgive, and you will be forgiven. 

After God created the heavens and the earth, since the earth was without form and void, and darkness looked upon the face of the deep, God had to JUDGE it in order to say out of His mouth, "Let there be light!"  God made an assessment about the state of the earth and saw that it needed light, then commanded that it be. 

I find that all too often because people have been unfairly judged by others, that whenever God uses one of His chosen vessels to make a fair assessment of their behavior or character issue(s), they immediately clutch their pearls and cry foul by responding, "Don't judge me!" On the flip side, so many people have prematurely authorized themselves as judges going off of improper suppositions, automatically sending people to HELL! 

A lot of these people are not even in good standing themselves with God right now to even be considered for a position as one of His judges! You want to know how I know? Because one of the prerequisites to be a judge is that you must be A SERVANT! 

True servants are given a degree of discernment that affords them the ability to see the heart of man first before anything else. God uses servanthood to test the heart of the man or woman He has His eyes on to be one of His judges. This is going to rub some of you the wrong way if you thought that just because you're saved, this automatically qualifies you to slam gavels. #Negative

Anyway, God will plant these men and women in places to serve in various aspects of the kingdom. Some assignments will be commissioned inside the church and others will be outside. Either way, when a man or woman of God is called to serve in a particular arena whether it be a janitor at Shady Grove Baptist Church or a secretary at Pat & Turners Inc., they will inevitably be introduced to everything from the kindest sheep to the most vicious wolves and any creature in between.  

They must be met with an array of people in order to discover what others operating in the flesh and spirit looks like and therefore see up close and personal right and wrong in human form by holding them up to the word of God. With that being said, they have to be able to differentiate between the standard that God has them under and the standard that God would have for the people they come into contact with. Servants who will be used as judges will be required to adhere to a higher standard to bring them above reproach when it's time to enforce and correct. 

Here's the issue, believers are either non-serving or have no true relationship with God to know that some kind of relationship needs to be established with an individual prior to enforcing anything and also to keep from making the mistake of correcting someone based on using their own personal ruler. 

This is why Paul treated Peter in Galatians 2:11 because he would sit and sup with his non-Jewish counterparts but when the stuffy Jew-Town gang walked in, he would pretend like he never knew the non-Jews and yet still wanted to correct the non-Jews and enforce the Jewish law! And his little bald head friend Barnabas would follow suit. Paul was not for the cliquish foolery! He shut that down real quick! 

 Now, you can't know any of this by simply reading Pigs in the Parlor or any other kind of book about spirits, angels, and demons. You're going to have to get your little feet wet! This means you're going to have to dine with some of these kind of people, work with, submit to, basically participate in some kind of intimate engagement with them in order to retrieve this type of information.  If you're not a people person, I feel bad for you son. I got 99 problems but people ain't one! Hit me! 

Don't get me wrong textbook studying is wonderful. I will never discourage it. However, true judges will have to keep a stomach for the beasts under heaven! And the fact that there are so many sons and daughters of God throwing sloppy verdicts out using their certificates of baptism as their badges is a problem! In all actuality their frauds! This is insane to me, because in the real word you can't get away with acting as a judge without suffering punitive charges for impersonating a law official! #Tragic

Listen, there is a difference between performing a surface observation and using the word of God to make a general correction. Anybody can do that. A lot of people are doing that. This method is a hit or miss. To me it's useless! 

I compare this to a personal situation that I've been dealing with since the age of 18 involving a health issue that almost kept me from going to my Senior prom. Every doctor I went to blurted out these frightening diagnosis' encouraging me to remain in fear and ultimately killed my desires to do some things I love. My mindset was, "Well, since the doctors said this, I guess I can't do this. And I guess I can't do that." 

My spirit was broken and my mobility handicapped! On top of that, I don't know how much money I've spent on doctors visits and how many times I've been prescribed medicine that only seemed to make matters worse! It wasn't until this year that I decided to come for all of my fears head on especially this specific fear to find out the accurate root of my ailment refusing to accept anymore negative reports without proper assessment! I do believe I've found the answer! Glory to God! 

This is what judging from the surface does to people! It sends them in a panic! It immobilizes them. It throws them into a tailspin. They feel like they need to run and hide. Run and hide from God! Judgement from the spirit sends people to God through love (agape and familial love) and relationship. It convicts! It doesn't condemn. It never sends people to hell! NO ONE has been given the census list for heaven and hell. They're being updated every second! But there are people God has and will ordain to point out hell-ish tendencies and to grab a hold of people who are hell bent, like a parent after a toddler running with scissors. Can you see that? 

I'll never forget something I'd said last year while talking to a friend which must have pinged her as a No-No for someone of my spiritual stature, and she called me out on it. I was being completely candid and what I'd said was actually very innocent and harmless yet I was still taken a back because I didn't know I was wrong. Had she not called that thing out though at that time,  I'm afraid I would still be in error right now! 

Till this day, I've been so grateful for that. One judgement from the spirit changed the way I was moving from then on. Because I immediately took it and ran with it. She basically corrected my posture because my cadence was offbeat. Judgement from the spirit corrects your cadence and your posture. It keeps you from veering. Now unto him who is able to keep us from falling...

Romans 2:5-6
But because of your hard and unrepentant heart, you are storing up wrath against yourself for the day of wrath, when God’s righteous judgment will be revealed. God “will repay each one according to his deeds.” To those who by perseverance in doing good seek glory, honor, and immortality, He will give eternal life.


Judgement from the spirit will hurt of course. But we shouldn't run from it. I would rather God send a judge to me as opposed to being judged by Him! (No shade to God of course. Ha!) The popular saying, "Only God can judge me." rattles my bones. I don't think we want to be judged by God. I don't think He even wants us to meet His judgement which is why His word says that He's slow to anger and bountiful in mercy. (Psalm 103:8)  How about we deal with our petty crimes in community court now! So that they don't escalate and reach THEE SUPREME COURT, later! 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Strawberry Crush

Have you ever developed a crush for someone? How did you feel? How did you respond to this feeling? Did you challenge it? Did you explore it? Did it ever go away?  I remember my first crush. I was in first grade when I met Calvin. He was the cutest light bright I'd ever seen. My teacher caught on and would actually allow us to sit together. We would enjoy our innocent times, him making me laugh and me sharing my snacks. I loved him before I even knew what love was. But Calvin was a bad boy. He got in trouble a lot. I would take up for him too. But one day I would not be able to see him again because he moved away and transferred to another school. My heart was torn in half as I would miss him for a while.  That was about 24 years ago. Since then I've had a few crushes. None of them really went anywhere but to a disappointing dead end. Which has provoked me to seek understanding of what does "having a crush," really mean. In all honesty, having a crush on so

DEATH TO BOAZ!

If I hear another woman of God say she’s waiting on her “Boaz”, I’m going to scream my lungs bloody and hit her upside the head with an offering basket! Real talk! You’ve read the title, so you probably already can guess that this post is not going to be the nicest cup of tea you’ve had to drink. But you have to drink it and YES THIS IS YOUR BUSINESS! I hate to break it to you dear, BOAZ is not coming! Boaz was for Ruth and Ruth only. Boaz was tied to Ruth’s assignment. He is not TIED TO YOURS! I am afraid that the church has cooked up this lovely fairytale that every woman has a BOAZ designated for her. WRONG! If you go into the word, Boaz wasn’t even all that aaaaanndd Naomi helped Ruth come up with a cute little scheme to get homie’s attention. RUTH 3:1-5 One day Ruth’s mother-in-law Naomi said to her, “My daughter, I must find a home[a] for you, where you will be well provided for. 2 Now Boaz, with whose women you have worked, is a relative of ours. Tonight he wi

The Effectual Fervent Prayer

I am convinced that there is no such thing as an unanswered prayer. I believe I’ve touched on this before in an earlier post. But I’ve received some new revelations to add to my case. 2 Corinthians 1:20 For no matter how many promises God has made, they are "Yes" in Christ. And so through him the "Amen" is spoken by us to the glory of God. So does this mean that every prayer we send up, God says “Yes” to? Well, I must inform you, that it’s a little more complicated than that. Yet, it’s  not at all hard to understand. There is a three part transaction in this entire process. First we have OUR PRAYERS. Second, we have GOD’S PROMISES. Third, we have THE AMEN.” Yo, I’m so excited to explain this in full!  YOUR PRAYERS: The desires and issues of your heart are the language behind your prayers. Whatever interferences your heart experiences (that rhymes! Lol) determines the kind of prayer that you lift up to God. God will ALWAYS answer the prayer. Th