Skip to main content

#Reset

Job 8:7
“Though your beginning was insignificant, yet your end will increase greatly.”

Welp, happy Wednesday to you all! Thanking each and every one of you who decided to pay me a visit today. I appreciate your faithfulness! 
I also want to thank those who interceded on my behalf during my transition to my new place of residence. My body suffered a couple scrapes, scratches, and bruises, but the move was successful. 

I thank God for showing me a way of escape from a tumultuous, chaotic, and volatile environment. As well as setting it up so perfectly for me to be able to provide for my parents a safe haven and a fresh start. 
I couldn't have done this on my own. 

Last year, a woman prophet from my church spoke to me and told me that God was going to bless me with intense peace. 
And I believe I've waltzed into just that. 

Despite this great victory, the fulfillment of a promise God made to me, and my utmost gratefulness; 
I woke up a little after sunrise Tuesday morning aching and still somewhat exhausted, 
but more so somber and uneasy. 
Not weapy or depressed, but foreign and defenseless. 

In all that I've come to know, I feel like I know nothing. 
In what I've accomplished just this year, I feel like I've yet more to ascertain. 
I've fought the good fight of faith. Stood up to everything that challenged it and warded off warfare, yet I feel weak and subdued. 
Of all that I've been able to articulate and say, 
I'm left dumbfounded with barely no words. 

I lay in bed that morning listening to the winds of Chicago, dance on my bedroom windows. 
I asked God, "What's happening to me? Where am I? What am I doing? Where am I going? What's next?" 
Somehow in me asking these questions I finally begin to accept that everything is indeed new. 
Nothing is the same. It's never going to be the same. 

I don't think I've ever been this free, this open, and so fiercely dependent on God in my life. 
So the enemy of course visited me. Slithering his way into the crevices of my thoughts to attempt to pervert my current state of being. 
He said, "You should be ashamed of yourself. You've been forced to start over. Look at your life. You have nothing. You've helped prop up so many others and yet you're laying here with nothing. You should be ashamed."

It's typical of the enemy to appear right at the corridor of a transition. One of the smoothest methods he holds true to, is by making compelling arguments against a breakthrough to skew your perspective and disrupt greater intimacy with God. 
Just ask Adam and Eve, why don't you! 

He knows that transitions into a new state of being in God/a new place period, increases your vulnerability because you will be operating with limited self awareness. He knows that during this sensitive time you are being rewired, recalibrated, and reconfigured for whatever this transition encompasses. Nothing is new about him. 
He did the same thing to Jesus in the Garden of Gethesemane. 

Now that we've gotten that established, if you're reading this and you've experienced some type of graduation in your thinking, a shift or rearrangement physically, mentally, and/or spiritually, know that for a moment, you're going to feel like a novice. 

Breakthroughs require a reset. They will never follow you having complete knowledge of what's going on. For if you would rely on the wisdom from your pre-breakthrough state, how do you expect to gain new wisdom post-breakthrough?

!True Story! My mom accidentally deleted all of her pictures off of her phone. I researched how to recover them. Downloaded the software and plugged her phone into my laptop. As I begin to follow the steps to debug her phone and recover her deleted photos, I was met with a disclaimer that basically stated that if I were to continue to the next step, it would be at my own risk. My eyebrow raised in curiosity. I researched what would happen if I went ahead. 

Found out that debugging a phone could potentially turn the phone into a brick leaving it inoperable. We both decided that we should leave well enough alone. 
Better to have lost memories than an actual dead device. 
That sounds like a word? Did anybody catch that? Ha! 

Hear me, it may not feel like it right now, but there is beauty in starting over. Better yet, there is power in a reset! I'm so honest right now. In just this very moment as I was typing these words, God showed me that, yes I may have spent years building at some things. However, some parts of my foundation for that thing was missing, HIM. What I was building was no where near as secure or anchored as the Leaning Tower of Pisa! 
The collapse was inevitable. 

As much as I would like to admit that God was included in all of my past affairs and endeavors, I can't do that. I'd be a boldfaced, baldheaded lie. 
Even when I thought I was, I really wasn't. 

God allowed my loss to give me language in my wilderness and famine. Plus grace to glean wisdom from my pain and mercy in my rebellion. Now that I've successfully transitioned out of this multilayered phase, my tongue, my nature, and my posture among other things are being reset to give me language in my promise and prosperity. 
As well as the proper wisdom to possess and maintain these things. 

Sometimes God will allow something like a hard reset to restore us back to our factory settings. We will lose things. In this case, for God, it's better we lose some attachments as opposed to us losing our entire functionality in Him. 

Get this, a pastor that came to visit my church a few weeks ago told the congregation,"You're no longer going to talk about what you've gone through but what's about to come out of you!" Ah! Catch this please!

 Though I know I have not come fully into either my promise nor my prosperity, I'm in anticipatory excitement! I don't think it's going to be anything like I've been expecting to say the least. 
And I'm cool with that.
 I'm just as excited if not more to know that I'm not alone in this space. 

I want to encourage you right now. You're good! You're in a great place! I know it's sort of frightening to not be in complete control of things and to be in what it seems as if a constant state of suspense. But this is awesome! Do you believe God brought us this far to leave us stranded staring at cliffhangers? Oh I think not! 

 Release the idea that you have to know what's going on. Relax the notion that you need to know what's about to happen next. No more trying to peek behind the curtains! 
Enjoy the scenery!
This place we're in has been ordained!


   
If you're in the city of Chicago, I will be ministering through prophetic song along with these anointed vessels, this Saturday. I invite you to come! 
We'd love for you to worship God with us!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Strawberry Crush

Have you ever developed a crush for someone? How did you feel? How did you respond to this feeling? Did you challenge it? Did you explore it? Did it ever go away?  I remember my first crush. I was in first grade when I met Calvin. He was the cutest light bright I'd ever seen. My teacher caught on and would actually allow us to sit together. We would enjoy our innocent times, him making me laugh and me sharing my snacks. I loved him before I even knew what love was. But Calvin was a bad boy. He got in trouble a lot. I would take up for him too. But one day I would not be able to see him again because he moved away and transferred to another school. My heart was torn in half as I would miss him for a while.  That was about 24 years ago. Since then I've had a few crushes. None of them really went anywhere but to a disappointing dead end. Which has provoked me to seek understanding of what does "having a crush," really mean. In all honesty, having a crush on so

DEATH TO BOAZ!

If I hear another woman of God say she’s waiting on her “Boaz”, I’m going to scream my lungs bloody and hit her upside the head with an offering basket! Real talk! You’ve read the title, so you probably already can guess that this post is not going to be the nicest cup of tea you’ve had to drink. But you have to drink it and YES THIS IS YOUR BUSINESS! I hate to break it to you dear, BOAZ is not coming! Boaz was for Ruth and Ruth only. Boaz was tied to Ruth’s assignment. He is not TIED TO YOURS! I am afraid that the church has cooked up this lovely fairytale that every woman has a BOAZ designated for her. WRONG! If you go into the word, Boaz wasn’t even all that aaaaanndd Naomi helped Ruth come up with a cute little scheme to get homie’s attention. RUTH 3:1-5 One day Ruth’s mother-in-law Naomi said to her, “My daughter, I must find a home[a] for you, where you will be well provided for. 2 Now Boaz, with whose women you have worked, is a relative of ours. Tonight he wi

The Effectual Fervent Prayer

I am convinced that there is no such thing as an unanswered prayer. I believe I’ve touched on this before in an earlier post. But I’ve received some new revelations to add to my case. 2 Corinthians 1:20 For no matter how many promises God has made, they are "Yes" in Christ. And so through him the "Amen" is spoken by us to the glory of God. So does this mean that every prayer we send up, God says “Yes” to? Well, I must inform you, that it’s a little more complicated than that. Yet, it’s  not at all hard to understand. There is a three part transaction in this entire process. First we have OUR PRAYERS. Second, we have GOD’S PROMISES. Third, we have THE AMEN.” Yo, I’m so excited to explain this in full!  YOUR PRAYERS: The desires and issues of your heart are the language behind your prayers. Whatever interferences your heart experiences (that rhymes! Lol) determines the kind of prayer that you lift up to God. God will ALWAYS answer the prayer. Th