Skip to main content

Two Faced


Psalms 55:21
The words of his mouth were smoother than butter, but war was in his heart: his words were softer than oil, yet were they drawn swords. 

Hey y'all! Y'all still love me? Ha!
I had a little shake and bake session last week with my last post Loyalty, Loyalty, Loyalty and my continued discussion via Facebook. Some light fixtures were disturbed and feathers were ruffled of course. But, I wasn't really expecting the kind of positive response that I received. I'm grateful. Nevertheless, a looming tension remains which for me is to be expected. 
I can't get caught up in any of it enough to care right now though.

So, let us do some backtracking shall we? While we're here somewhat remaining in the same vein. I mentioned to my Facebook audience that you can almost always tell how loyal a person will be to you based off of how loyal they are to God. This revelation in itself will save you a lot of energy and keep you from scouring for tell-tell signs that a person is disloyal or not.  

It is because true genuine followers of Christ will typically be loyal to a degree (because they have to be loyal to God first) to their counterparts because they're following the ultimate Loyalist. 
Playing games with people is not their forte unless of course their immature in their walk with God. 

If we ourselves can't stand two faced people, how do you think God feels about two faced people? I'm not asking you how do you think He feels about people being two faced toward you. I'm asking, how do you think He feels about people being two faced toward Him?  

Here's the definition for two faced and its synonyms; 

Insincere and deceitful.
synonyms: double-dealing, Janus-faced, hypocritical, backstabbing, false, fickle, untrustworthy, duplicitous, deceiving, dissembling, dishonest; treacherous, faithless, traitorous, cheating, lying, weaselly.

And here's how God feels! 
Matthew 7:21-23 
“Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. Many will say to me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name and in your name drive out demons and in your name perform many miracles?’  Then I will tell them plainly, ‘I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!’

!BOOM!

Just like that! Access DENIED! It's right in our faces! Yet why amongst us today, do we have believers out here false-flagging like it's nobodies business when it is indeed God's business? 
Could it be a misinterpretation of holiness and righteousness creating this elementary response to Christ-likeness, equating it to, simple "good behavior?" 

It's the 9th month of the year. If you've been following me since January, you should be used to me by now. Sometimes, I have to bear bad news. 
You're not going to go to heaven simply based off of your personal definition of good behavior. Yes, we will all be individually judged by our works (Romans 2:6). But I've come to tell you that good behavior is not a VIP pass to heaven. Anybody can be good outwardly. If you have another side of you, that's the side that needs to be taken into account. 

A man or woman that is two faced towards God is one whose heart is lopsided. People with lopsided hearts toward God can never be completely loyal to Him, no matter how good they portray themselves. I would say again that social media has created this platform for people to look the part and not actually be the part but that isn't the case. 

People have been moonlighting as believers way before this. Social media basically made it easy for all to see it. Their regular lives are full of hedonistic practices but their part-time lives consists of perpetrating the faith and praising God's name when in front of a surrounding crowd of onlookers. HYPOCRITES!

From the list of synonyms for the word two faced, the synonym weaselly made me chuckle. It's a derivative of the word weasel which is an animal. I researched the behaviors of a weasel and here's what I found;  

"Weasels are cunning and adept predators that hunt prey tirelessly throughout the day and night. Their long, slender bodies allow them to raid underground burrows, follow rodents into small spaces and wrap themselves around larger prey to hold them still. Weasels often kill more prey than they can eat, storing the overkill for later consumption." ~Havahart.com

If we were to juxtapose the characteristics of a weasel with that of a weaselly believer, then it would look like a cunning sneaky predator, a burrower/people who get under others' skin preying on their weaknesses, willfully sinning, storing up more filth than they can handle, all to turn around to brush there hands on their garments, lifting them up, requesting blessings. 

Two faced believers will make petitions and requests of God before they'll ever repent. They will beckon for His blessings while hiding dirty hearts behind their backs as if He cant't see them! It's the fornicating believer, next to the hot-tempered believer that will curse you out if you cross them, next to the believer that skims the tithe yet expect God to make them financially prosperous, next to the flaky believer that goes to church when they feel up to it, judging all the saints that walk past them as if their crap don't stink, won't assist the church with nothing but will be the first one to need the church to help them, and curse the church when it doesn't.

Let's go beyond. It's those who purposely take God's word out of context to finagle and manipulate situations to their advantage. It's those who have titles and hold offices but treat their brothers and sisters in Christ like peons and hot garbage bags, talking about them behind their backs. disguising their gossip as prophetic revelations of God. It's those conniving slithery believers that like to rub shoulders with good people to keep up there own facade of goodness and yet will low-key frolic and condone all the appearances of evil. 
They will pass up any directive to follow Christ if it will not garner them an immediate return. 
They are flesh bred, flesh fed, and flesh led. 
(Try that for a tongue twister) 

1 Peter 2:22-23
He committed no sin, neither was deceit found in his mouth. When he was reviled, he did not revile in return; when he suffered, he did not threaten, but continued entrusting himself to him who judges justly. 

The only thing that keeps us from being complete carbon copies of Christ, is that we were born into sin. However, what will make us Christlike is refusing to participate in anything that contorts our hearts thus rendering us disloyal believers of God. 

Look here, Christianity is a lifestyle. It is not something that comes with an on and off switch. It's not something where you're given a uniform that you can take off when your shift is up. It's not something that you're supposed to hide when you want to accept opportunities from places that would prefer you don't acknowledge your God. There's so many believers right now who will without a shadow of doubt, denounce God, and take a bribe from satan if it means advancement, elevation, promotion, or popularity. 
TWO FACED!

Here's the reason why James spoke almost emphatically in the 4th chapter and 4th verse of his book in the bible when he said, "You adulterous people, don’t you know that friendship with the world means enmity against God? Therefore, anyone who chooses to be a friend of the world becomes an enemy of God." He was talking about the people's disloyalty toward God. A two faced people are a people who will try to be friends with the world and friends with God simultaneously. #Negative

I had a dream that I was in a shabby cramped apartment, wearing an over-sized red dress with grease stains, a big black sweater full of lint and loose thread, too big scuffed up penny loafers, a puffy, curly tangled wig sat on my head that came down to the middle of my back. I was dancing with no rhythm, spinning around and primping until I managed to see my reflection in a dirty mirror. 
I was horrified. My skin was ashy and pale. Sleep was in my eyes and I had on too much bright red lipstick. 
When I wiped the lipstick off, it felt as if I'd been pulled out of the dream and shaken awake. 

Then I heard, "My Church, my Bride, you are guilty of being two faced! You wear garments that are not your size. You flaunt and you prance around as if you have no cares in the world. Your hair is tangled and matted. You choose sides that are trendy but not holy. Your crown is missing. You do not know My glory. I have found you out by your whorish ways. You are driven by pride, lust, and ego. Your mouth is blasphemous! You have two faces and I don't like them. I need you to make your face into one! Or I will not hear you! I will not hear what your mouth has to say, because it speaks conflicts, treachery, and hypocrisy! 

I could not move. My soul was paralyzed in fear. I immediately looked within myself. Am I contributing to this image that God sees? What's in me that's participating in this embarrassing spectacle of God? 

And that's where we all need to be right now! Looking to see if we at all are co-conspirators of the disfigurement of God's bride. Are we in our two faced actions the reason why the bride's hair is mangy and unkempt? Are we in our hypocritical carnality, the reason why the bride is looking the part but not really being the part? Are we in our legalistic religiosity the reason why the bride is prancing in two big shoes and God's glory has left her face?  Is our new age indoctrinating, biblical illiteracy, and theological obesity, the reason why His bride has been caught wearing soiled garments that are not of Him? 

This isn't a post to condemn but a post to admonish you! To challenge you to consider your ways before the one you call your God. To challenge you to consider the image you have accepted as your identity. To challenge you to consider locating the parts of you that may be the reason why God is not hearing you when you speak. 
These parts could very well have shaped you two faced.


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Strawberry Crush

Have you ever developed a crush for someone? How did you feel? How did you respond to this feeling? Did you challenge it? Did you explore it? Did it ever go away?  I remember my first crush. I was in first grade when I met Calvin. He was the cutest light bright I'd ever seen. My teacher caught on and would actually allow us to sit together. We would enjoy our innocent times, him making me laugh and me sharing my snacks. I loved him before I even knew what love was. But Calvin was a bad boy. He got in trouble a lot. I would take up for him too. But one day I would not be able to see him again because he moved away and transferred to another school. My heart was torn in half as I would miss him for a while.  That was about 24 years ago. Since then I've had a few crushes. None of them really went anywhere but to a disappointing dead end. Which has provoked me to seek understanding of what does "having a crush," really mean. In all honesty, having a crush on so

DEATH TO BOAZ!

If I hear another woman of God say she’s waiting on her “Boaz”, I’m going to scream my lungs bloody and hit her upside the head with an offering basket! Real talk! You’ve read the title, so you probably already can guess that this post is not going to be the nicest cup of tea you’ve had to drink. But you have to drink it and YES THIS IS YOUR BUSINESS! I hate to break it to you dear, BOAZ is not coming! Boaz was for Ruth and Ruth only. Boaz was tied to Ruth’s assignment. He is not TIED TO YOURS! I am afraid that the church has cooked up this lovely fairytale that every woman has a BOAZ designated for her. WRONG! If you go into the word, Boaz wasn’t even all that aaaaanndd Naomi helped Ruth come up with a cute little scheme to get homie’s attention. RUTH 3:1-5 One day Ruth’s mother-in-law Naomi said to her, “My daughter, I must find a home[a] for you, where you will be well provided for. 2 Now Boaz, with whose women you have worked, is a relative of ours. Tonight he wi

The Effectual Fervent Prayer

I am convinced that there is no such thing as an unanswered prayer. I believe I’ve touched on this before in an earlier post. But I’ve received some new revelations to add to my case. 2 Corinthians 1:20 For no matter how many promises God has made, they are "Yes" in Christ. And so through him the "Amen" is spoken by us to the glory of God. So does this mean that every prayer we send up, God says “Yes” to? Well, I must inform you, that it’s a little more complicated than that. Yet, it’s  not at all hard to understand. There is a three part transaction in this entire process. First we have OUR PRAYERS. Second, we have GOD’S PROMISES. Third, we have THE AMEN.” Yo, I’m so excited to explain this in full!  YOUR PRAYERS: The desires and issues of your heart are the language behind your prayers. Whatever interferences your heart experiences (that rhymes! Lol) determines the kind of prayer that you lift up to God. God will ALWAYS answer the prayer. Th