Skip to main content

Plank

Matthew 7:3-5 
Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother’s eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye? How can you say to your brother, ‘Let me take the speck out of your eye,’ when all the time there is a plank in your own eye? You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother’s eye.

HAPPY NEW YEAR BEAUTIFUL PEOPLE!!!!! Isn't it a great day to be alive? I pray that you are as excited about this new year as I am! 
If not, find a reason or make a reason. 
Look, whatever you do, GET EXCITED! 

But did you guys miss meeeeee? I missed you guys. Like by this >_< much. Ha! Them four weeks went by so dang on fast! I contemplated not coming back to certain pages! I don't know, something about the absence of certain social webs just seem to make life less complicated. I had to re-download like 4 different apps to get reconnected and they are draining the heck out of my battery. My phone has to stay charged now. My God! I'm feeling a way.
 Then I wondered, what if social media is doing the same thing to people?
 Literally, draining the lives out of them. I mean, it's definitely eating up people's time! 

Anyway, I'm going to hop off my proverbial soapbox for a moment and get straight into it. 
I WARN you ahead of time, if you're easily offended, you may want to catch me next week. 
This post is not for the faint of heart. 

Last year, I must have deliberately posed a question via my personal Facebook page. In this initial post, I asked something close to this, "If homosexuals, transgendered, and cross dressers who want to worship Jesus in church with the people whose issues aren't so visible, aren't allowed to do so, where are they supposed to go? I had ONE person give me scripture (Matthew 18-15-19) to validate the actions of an actual preacher who evicted a cross dresser out of his church, which I could not accept because: 

1. That scripture applies to the inevitable relationship grievances that will arise amongst believers such as a direct offense committed by one person to another. It doesn't apply to a sin ravaged soul or a person struggling in his or her identity. 

2. It did not answer me as to WHERE homosexuals, the transgendered, and cross dressers are supposed to go if they can't worship amongst those whose issues are inconspicuous. 
YET the passages right above it in Matthew 18:12-14 which happens to be the 
Parable of the Lost Sheep
illustrates how much God considers those whom are seemingly lost and without direction. 

Then, I had ONE person answer me and suggested that these kind of souls, should go to a gay church where "their kind," are. Though he answered my question, I believe this is completely unacceptable! You can't send someone to a place where he/she will be made comfortable with their ungodly lifestyle, with no room for continual progress, and ultimately where there is NO accountability. 

To me this can unequivocally be compared to sending a drug addict BACK to the trap house because they keep relapsing. Or sending the alcoholic BACK to the liquor store because they keep getting drunk every blue moon. Basically like sending the backslider BACK to the place where they first fell.  All of those people are in the church too. 
You do know that right? 

Now the rest just deemed kicking people out of a church who do not share their similar struggles as biblical. And I want to know where? 
Where in the Bible did Jesus flex his authority and publicly humiliate someone in need of help?  Where in the Bible did Jesus become famous for parading someones struggles in public? 
Jesus and even his disciples had a track record of evicting unclean spirits out of people. NOT humiliating and ostracizing the people! 
What if a leader did the same thing to you? 

We need to be real with ourselves! Who are we to put a timeline on someone else's deliverance when we are but one foot away from the grave we were pulled up from and a compromise away from the hell we were delivered out of?

I don't care if some considerable time has elapsed and there is no seemingly outward evidence of a person being delivered yet. Who are we to say this person has no RIGHT to sit with the rest of those who want Jesus? 
So what is it? That demonic hold on a person doesn't break when you expected it to and then it has the audacity to call your bluff, you get offended and push it out of the church? 

A person threatening to inflict physical harm on someone in the church should be kicked out. Not a person who's demon has exposed itself and is trying to protect the legal ground of the soul it's inhabiting.

Hell, it's some people just last year who received real eviction notices slapped on their doors and were not authorized to move out of there place of residences until they appeared in court before a judge, first! And even then the eviction process resulting in a person leaving the premises still takes TIME. 
At the end of the day kicking people out of the church sounds like a cop out to me and a lack of faith! There's actually receipts in the Bible that show what it looks like when you perpetrate authority and power you don't have! (SONS OF SCEVA)

I took some time to X-ray the health of the CHURCH and it appears to me that she has herself a strong case of Eyeplankitus.  Explanation: A whole plank lodged in her eye that she's been slapping souls upside the head with for eons upon eons and overlooking her limited visibility and otherwise habitual misuse of authority! #Tragic

The Church needs to be real with itself too, as a whole! She needs to accept that she has been rendered ineffective and powerless due to religion and a scary-cattish fearfulness stemming from a pitiful LACK of LOVE. Shall we be reminded that perfect love drives out fear? 1 John 4:18 says there is no fear in love. THIS is biblical.

 I don't know what happened to make people who claim to be blood washed and redeemed become so fearful of sacrificially operating in agape love for those whose struggles and deliverance schedules are different from theirs.  If we're afraid that souls with more expressive struggles will somehow "influence" the rest of the flock, (whom I must repeat, have issues too!), then it's no wonder why we can't perform deliverance on them. 

And last but not least from close observation, when any form of rebellion erupts in the body, there is compromise somewhere close to the head if it isn't the head itself. Just think about when you catch a head cold. A runny nose or sore throat isn't the cold virus but symptoms of the virus. 
The cold virus is what compromised one's immune system causing the symptoms. 
Catch that please. 

Now, there is a rebellion that bucks up when a person or people want to have their way like Burger King because they are allergic to authority and correction. Yet, here's another form of rebellion that I don't believe many are willing to apprehend.  It's the kind especially in the church, where it occurs when leaders or those in authority aren't necessarily upholding the standards that are applicable to their position OR, they're tweaking these standards to appease certain parties, which arouses adverse knee-jerk responses from other parties who aren't benefiting from these concessions and are more than likely being oppressed/unfairly judged by these standards. 
Does that make sense? 

I've  experienced being embarrassed by leaders in front of the whole church for various reasons. That ish did not feel good at all. And it didn't make me want to fall in line as they would have it, it made we want to lash out. Like really clapback with a vengeance! In some instances, I will be honest, I found low-key ways to do so because I felt like the people who called themselves embarrassing me or "correcting" me, were notorious bad apples. 

The Church will remain in a state of a frenzied like crisis and continue its sloppy mis-handlings of it's sheep, until she takes the plank out of her own eye and understand that her efforts to hold on to people whose issues she can put a finger on while flicking away all the others whose issues she can't put a finger on, is indeed HIGHLY unbiblical! 
I don't care how she twists or repositions the plank.

So how long must she sit inside her tree house, barring certain sin sick souls from coming inside?
When the treehouse she sits in was built from the very cross Jesus hung, bled, and died on for 
EVERYBODY?



Comments

  1. Hello sista love! This is Monica. You posed great questions. The church as a whole does indeed only focus on the more noticeable sins and not the hidden ones, pride, lust, unforgiveness and so forth. There are many leaders who have ought against other leaders, former members of their church, and some current members. Some of the things I've experienced makes me question some leaders and their love walk as well as the ppl they lead. But at the end of the day when there is no accountability there will be no change. Ppl have to be willing to admit they are wrong and to honestly evaluate themselves and ask the Lord how to overcome those shortcomings. Not many are willing to do so. Hence the major problem of the church but I believe that the Lord is going to begin doing some major pruning in His ppl, to the point we can't continue as we have been.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are absolutely correct! And the point I wanted to make is this, until we are above reproach, proper correction will be beyond us. And until we stop using twisted scripture to hide our prejudices behind, we will continue to lose the people we were called to win!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Strawberry Crush

Have you ever developed a crush for someone? How did you feel? How did you respond to this feeling? Did you challenge it? Did you explore it? Did it ever go away?  I remember my first crush. I was in first grade when I met Calvin. He was the cutest light bright I'd ever seen. My teacher caught on and would actually allow us to sit together. We would enjoy our innocent times, him making me laugh and me sharing my snacks. I loved him before I even knew what love was. But Calvin was a bad boy. He got in trouble a lot. I would take up for him too. But one day I would not be able to see him again because he moved away and transferred to another school. My heart was torn in half as I would miss him for a while.  That was about 24 years ago. Since then I've had a few crushes. None of them really went anywhere but to a disappointing dead end. Which has provoked me to seek understanding of what does "having a crush," really mean. In all honesty, having a crush on so

DEATH TO BOAZ!

If I hear another woman of God say she’s waiting on her “Boaz”, I’m going to scream my lungs bloody and hit her upside the head with an offering basket! Real talk! You’ve read the title, so you probably already can guess that this post is not going to be the nicest cup of tea you’ve had to drink. But you have to drink it and YES THIS IS YOUR BUSINESS! I hate to break it to you dear, BOAZ is not coming! Boaz was for Ruth and Ruth only. Boaz was tied to Ruth’s assignment. He is not TIED TO YOURS! I am afraid that the church has cooked up this lovely fairytale that every woman has a BOAZ designated for her. WRONG! If you go into the word, Boaz wasn’t even all that aaaaanndd Naomi helped Ruth come up with a cute little scheme to get homie’s attention. RUTH 3:1-5 One day Ruth’s mother-in-law Naomi said to her, “My daughter, I must find a home[a] for you, where you will be well provided for. 2 Now Boaz, with whose women you have worked, is a relative of ours. Tonight he wi

The Effectual Fervent Prayer

I am convinced that there is no such thing as an unanswered prayer. I believe I’ve touched on this before in an earlier post. But I’ve received some new revelations to add to my case. 2 Corinthians 1:20 For no matter how many promises God has made, they are "Yes" in Christ. And so through him the "Amen" is spoken by us to the glory of God. So does this mean that every prayer we send up, God says “Yes” to? Well, I must inform you, that it’s a little more complicated than that. Yet, it’s  not at all hard to understand. There is a three part transaction in this entire process. First we have OUR PRAYERS. Second, we have GOD’S PROMISES. Third, we have THE AMEN.” Yo, I’m so excited to explain this in full!  YOUR PRAYERS: The desires and issues of your heart are the language behind your prayers. Whatever interferences your heart experiences (that rhymes! Lol) determines the kind of prayer that you lift up to God. God will ALWAYS answer the prayer. Th