Skip to main content

Love Potion #9

Leviticus 19:31 
 “Don’t dabble in the occult or traffic with mediums; you’ll pollute your souls. I am God, your God."

Leiticus 20:6 
“If a person turns to mediums and necromancers, whoring after them, I will set my face against that person and will cut him off from among his people."

"Cupid, draw back your bow and let your arrow go, straight to my lover's heart for me! 
Cupid, please hear my cry and let your arrow fly, straight to my lover's heart for me!"
*Snapping fingers* 
These words belong to one of my favorite songs by the late singer, Sam Cooke. 
I was singing this one day and then something hit me. 
Here we go again with the mention of that little naked angel baby shooting heart arrows at loose people! 
But Sam Cooke, rest his soul actually was praying to it in this song. 
Asking it to arouse love in a person who didn't even know he existed!
I'm like, WAIT A MINUTE! Isn't that a witchcraft prayer? 

Anybody seen this 90's movie, Love Potion #9
It was about a biochemist who hadn't really found the best luck in love as he was unable to make a romantic connection with his female coworker. So he decided to visit a gypsy palm reader with his friends. The palm reader spit in his hand and commenced to squinting at it through a magnifying glass. Then told him she saw nothing for him as it pertains to love. 
She ended up giving him a few drops of this potion which would supposedly make anyone fall for him.
And it worked. The movie entailed this man's humorous experience with, WITCHCRAFT! 

I always find it absolutely uncanny how movies tend to be none other than that of the sequined fabrics of real life happenings. 
A lot of these movies we've seen are laced with so much truth. 
It's not just entertainment. 
It's educational. 
I'd just so happened to be watching this movie and was laughing at a particular scene that oddly reminded me of a similar situation involving myself and someone who'd used witchcraft on me! 

Now this post is not for those who don't believe there is a such thing as witchcraft, witches and warlocks, and practitioners of black magic. 
I kid you not though, right now we have a woman's flyer floating around social media promoting her conference for Christian witches

It's real out here people. As much as I am appalled by this, I'm glad she's out in the open unlike the others. 
When I was first saved, I don't recall hearing too much about witchcraft. The most I knew was from the stories I'd heard stemming from my maternal grandfather's side of the family. 
They were heavy in voodoo. 
It was practiced on my grandmother until she was sent to her grave at the early age of 66. 
And then that thing came knocking at my door some odd years later.

The bible is graciously sprinkled with warnings against a slew of offenses including that of witchcraft. To me this confirms that people have been practicing this thing for a very long time so what's going on today is not even new. 
Sad thing is, a lot of people have been desensitized by mainstream media that they don't believe witchcraft is active. 

What if I told you, that here are people currently performing demonic seances, scraping up their coin to see voodoo priests and practitioners, casting spells, burning herbs and incense while conjuring other gods to bring to them their hearts' desires?
Some were groomed into these practices.
 Others were lured in by their own uncurbed lusts. 

I read an article two years ago, about a silent epidemic occurring in some parts of Africa. 
People who'd been affected by witchcraft in some way have been seeking spiritual aide from pastors. A lot of these people would have to travel miles to be seen by them to perform healing and deliverance.

Victims had been suffering from all kinds of physical maladies as well as emotional and mental dysfunctions they linked to the practices of witchcraft and only a select few of the faith have been successful at reversing. 

Two reasons why I believe covert witchcraft is prevalent; 1. ignorance and 2. soul holes. When one is not privy to hell's bear claws like witchcraft, they can be easily ensnared. When one has a soul hole or multiple soul holes one can also be easily ensnared. 

So the objective of this here post is for you to walk away not paranoid but enlightened. Not spooked out but informed by the fact there are indeed people out here committing spiritual atrocities while playing God in their lives and others. 

I realized that witchcraft no matter the variant in partnership with diehard and fierce devotion, is a derivative of idolatry, greed, seduction, and manipulation. 

ONCE AGAIN, IF YOU"RE A SKEPTIC, I GIVE YOU PERMISSION TO LEAVE NOW AND FOREVER HOLD YOUR PEACE! 
I'LL SEE YOU NEXT WEEK! 
AND BE SURE TO READ MY LAST POST IF YOU HAVEN'T, PLEASE! 

It was the day of fools. April Fool's Day to be exact. A day after months of fervently praying to be used on a greater level in ministry and to be introduced to my future husband. 
I was at my bank job when a gentleman sauntered in. I recognized him from social media of which a mutual friend suggested I follow. 

We exchanged words, me telling him I wanted to be a part of what he was doing in the community. Him telling me that he'd just told himself he wanted to meet me. 
I was intrigued and flattered. 
A cross pendant he wore glimmered back at me before he stated that he would reach out to me to set up a meeting to discuss further, regarding my participation in his future projects. 

Listen, I am under no restraint to be as honest as I've always been, when I tell you this. 
Believe me, I am putting myself all the way out here. It's too late for me to be ashamed. 
Y'all,  it was like a breeze came from out of nowhere and I heard, "That's him."

I immediately assumed this was confirmation from the divine, of both my prayers being answered! 
That God was feeding two birds with one piece of bread.
I told my coworkers. They were excited. 
Little did I know, I'd officially at that moment, enacted an enchantment spell that'd been placed on me shortly prior. 

A few days later, I was invited by this man to one of his events. I was specifically going to attend with an air of entitlement as if I was about to win a prize. But I'd read my devotional for that day and literally it warned me that what I heard was flat out wrong! My dreams were crushed. Yet, I chose to accept this as a warning from God and did not go to this meeting or entertained anymore thoughts of this man.
I really wish I could say this was the end of it. 
But it wasn't...

After the covers were pulled from over my first church revealing to me the God awful activities of its members from the head on down,  I had to leave immediately because it'd begun to affect me in extreme ways. 
This meant I no longer had a spiritual home. 

One morning as I was preparing to go to my interview at Gospel 1390 to promote my novel Tears of Kings, when that same random breeze showed up whispering the guy's name. It had been a little over a month since our encounter. 
I assumed this meant I should go to his church. 
Found out he was a pastor over a church. 
I took down his church address and decided I would pay his church a visit. 

I first manifested the gift of tongue the morning I ventured my happy go lucky naive self into hell's kitchen. I couldn't stop praying in tongues during my entire commute to this place. Back then I was just in awe and so overjoyed to have finally possessed this gift. 
My excitement overrode it's true purpose. 

NOW, I know exactly why I couldn't shut it off. Holy Spirit was gearing me up for the most vicious war I would ever face. 
That day I was prophesied to by the prophet of the house. I'd never been prophesied to before. 
I was bewildered with amazement. Some of the words that were prophesied to me awakened that tiny seed of enchantment in me. 
Like an addict I was back hooked. 

 I would then shortly after, experience an acute progression of the side effects of this spell. I was T-boned by a car while riding my bike the day after this guy professed his love for me on his birthday. I begin to experience terrible nightmares and night terrors, so much so I was driven out of my bed into my walk in closet to sleep on the floor. 
Sometimes I would wake up in the middle of the night feeling like a whole bunch of spiders were crawling on me. I swore to myself I saw shadows and heard whispers. 
My dog was acting so strangely unruly, I contemplated giving him away to an animal shelter. 

On top of this, I could not for the life of me shake this obsessive desire for this man. I'd seen many red flags from him but could not accept them for what they were because I was so under the influence of this love spell. It was my desperate mission to win this audition to be his bride! 
I was at his beck and call no matter the hour. All of his emergencies became my emergencies. 
My stomach still cringes because of this to this day!

I remember one night laying on my closet floor crying. kicking, beating my head, screaming, "Get out of my head! Why are you in my head! Get out of my head!" Because I would wake up and he was on my mind every second of the hour. When I ate, when I worked. None of this was a pleasant feeling. I just could not shake it. 
My head was so cloudy and clogged, I could not even think straight.
I was very forgetful and locked myself out of my house a few times.
I was making terrible mistakes at work and kept receiving write ups.

My weight was fluctuating. One minute I wanted food and when I wanted it I gorged until I felt sick. The next minute I didn't and when I didn't, I would starve myself. I was breaking out like crazy. My complexion turned like a bluish gray color. I felt like I looked like that mutant Mystique from X-Man. Didn't make it any better that my hair was red! Speaking of hair, it would causally fall out in large strands. I was barely sleeping. I would take naps on my lunch breaks. I would go to the doctor for check-ups and they would say I was perfectly healthy. 
Of course they couldn't find anything wrong. 

There was a violent war in my soul. 
Holy Spirit was telling me, "No!" But everything else was telling me, "Yes!" 
Sad thing is, nobody grabbed me and shook some sense into me to wake me up. 
Part due to the the fact that I did a stellar job at dolling myself up. 
Nobody really cared too much for me. 
Because on the outside to them, I was this fancy, stuck-up, untouchable siren for God. 

Meanwhile, babygirl was slowly dying in the sunken place. I didn't have my head. That man and his evil cohort had my head of which I truly trusted not knowing they weren't on my side at all. 
They were recruits for satan!
I thought I would put an end to these hellish torments by telling this man what I thought I heard. 
I wanted him to reject me and tell me I was wrong so my suffering could stop. 
He just told me, he would pray about it and left me hanging. 

It wasn't until some more months would pass before one day I was headed to work when my gaze darted over to Central Park here in Chicago. There is where these tall creepy sculptures of people with no heads and arms were located. Out of nowhere I heard, "WITCHCRAFT!" 
That word echoed so loud and it was as if someone had knocked me upside the head. 

"Agora" in Central Park

I pulled out my phone and I don't know how I found it but spotted an article exposing voodoo spells and signs of being influenced by them. 
Everything mentioned in the article I'd experienced. 

For some reason I thought one of the young lady's in the church who was not too fond of me, was the culprit.
I rushed and called the one I trusted with panic in my voice and told them what I believed. 
Instead of responding with disbelief this person said, "Oh, she isn't that smart. She wouldn't know how to do that herself." 

I said, "Well it's someone seasoned helping her then. It's an older woman showing her how to do it! The older woman is helping her!" 
The one I trusted quickly told me that they would have to call me back. 
They never called me back. 
It was because I was shooting frantically and missing the target that was right in front of me!

Anyway, by the end of the week the poor girl was embarrassingly excommunicated from the church for reasons made to appear unrelated to me.
I didn't care. I was happy she was gone. Since I thought she was the one cursing me.

No lies, as if to be an overnight occurrence, every single last one of the crazy things I was experiencing, ceased. Completely. 
I was joyful.
Minus still low-key enchanted, all of the other stuff I was going through, was no more. 

To my dismay this relief would be temporary as the hell would come back with a much greater force spilling over into my entire life and would not stop until one night I had a heart to heart with this man and told him everything I was dealing with and all of the injustices I'd been subjected to over the time I'd known him.  

I even tearfully told him about how the thoughts of suicide would harass me at church. He yelled back, "You should have killed yourself! So you could have went to hell where you belong." Then he told me I was not his wife. That he never told me he wanted to be with me. 
That I was delusional and crazy. 
Literally, every episode of my life from the very day I met him on up until that particular event scrolled through my mind like short movie previews.
I was shattered awake. 

In the Sleeping Beauty fairytale, Aurora was awakened by Prince Phillip. 
Not in my story. 
Alexa play, Fairytales by Anita Baker. 
Ha!
I was awakened by the harsh reality that I'd been lured by my own unregulated fantasies and Cheerio prayers. Mesmerized by a dark man-god who'd consulted with a full blown witch to suck the life out of me. 

Reality really sank in when I walked away two years later, dead broke! I would sit scratching my head trying to figure out how so much money disappeared and where did it disappear to.
I mean, ALL of my money was gone. My savings, my rainy day line of credit, my business line of credit, my retirement fund, and all of my credit cards were maxed out. 
Talk about the locusts and the canker worms! 

 I lost my job. The lease to my apartment mysteriously was not renewed by my landlord. 
My unemployment funds were fought and stopped after a month and a half and I was told that I would have to pay the city back. 
Collateral damage that took time to accumulate. The actual time, I did not have complete ownership of my head nor my heart. Thanks to this "love" spell and all of it's terrible attachments

Why have I risked you possibly questioning my sanity after this? 
I've sacrificially bared my soul to be a cautionary tale of what can possibly happen when you've not made your desires subjected to you and instead allow them to frolic freely like mischievous toddlers in a candy store. I want you to be so disgusted and so bothered by this extreme case of idolatry, greed, seduction, and manipulation that you wouldn't dare allow your emotions to roam unsupervised. I want you to be as frightened as a child that just was told the boogie man exists and the monster in the closet is real. I want you to fearlessly destroy every potentiality of you being ensnared by the enemy and his Luceferian spawns. I want you to develop an unquenchable appetite for the word of God and the unshakable provocation to habitually incline your ears to not only hear the voice of God but to know the voice of God, for yourself!
HAVE. I. MADE. MYSELF. CLEAR? 

If you're a full-time practicing baldheaded witch or a slick tongued warlock and just so happened to have paid this page a visit today, WOE TO YOU! Woe to you who refuses to allow God to move on your behalf so you go ahead of Him with unrighteous acts.
You repent now! Repent with a sorrowful distaste for what you've been doing. Repent with bitter remorse. 
Throw away your charms and potions. Get rid of your chicken claws and dry snakes' skin. Tear down your altars of witchcraft with people's pictures, underwear, and sanitary products. Cancel all of your appointments to these voodoo practitioners!
Or expect the WRATH of God to come down on you and your house before this year comes to a close! 

I believe I will have said my peace today after I share this, even though I had to condense for you my 2 year nightmare, the word of God says in Proverbs 26:2, that like a fluttering sparrow or a darting swallow, an undeserved curse does not come to rest. 

Hear this, as a curse can not rest lest it is deserved, a spell can not stick for too long if a vessel and its contents is secured. Secured, meaning having a posture wholly submitted to God 
Needless to say, the time beckons for all who believe, to surrender to God today. 
Give to Him what He requires in this hour. A broken spirit and contrite heart



 

Comments

  1. Great testimony! Word curses are real and should make the children of God vigilant over their own salvation. We cannot afford to open ourselves to things that would contaminate our spirit and create a door so that the enemy can manipulate us. The enemy almost ensnared me into his claws of witchcraft at one point in my life. I truly, truly thank the Lord for grace and mercy. He rescued me from my despair, depression, and every other thing that the enemy tried to use to kill me (spiritually). I have a loving Heavenly father and brother (Jesus).

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Strawberry Crush

Have you ever developed a crush for someone? How did you feel? How did you respond to this feeling? Did you challenge it? Did you explore it? Did it ever go away?  I remember my first crush. I was in first grade when I met Calvin. He was the cutest light bright I'd ever seen. My teacher caught on and would actually allow us to sit together. We would enjoy our innocent times, him making me laugh and me sharing my snacks. I loved him before I even knew what love was. But Calvin was a bad boy. He got in trouble a lot. I would take up for him too. But one day I would not be able to see him again because he moved away and transferred to another school. My heart was torn in half as I would miss him for a while.  That was about 24 years ago. Since then I've had a few crushes. None of them really went anywhere but to a disappointing dead end. Which has provoked me to seek understanding of what does "having a crush," really mean. In all honesty, having a crush on so

DEATH TO BOAZ!

If I hear another woman of God say she’s waiting on her “Boaz”, I’m going to scream my lungs bloody and hit her upside the head with an offering basket! Real talk! You’ve read the title, so you probably already can guess that this post is not going to be the nicest cup of tea you’ve had to drink. But you have to drink it and YES THIS IS YOUR BUSINESS! I hate to break it to you dear, BOAZ is not coming! Boaz was for Ruth and Ruth only. Boaz was tied to Ruth’s assignment. He is not TIED TO YOURS! I am afraid that the church has cooked up this lovely fairytale that every woman has a BOAZ designated for her. WRONG! If you go into the word, Boaz wasn’t even all that aaaaanndd Naomi helped Ruth come up with a cute little scheme to get homie’s attention. RUTH 3:1-5 One day Ruth’s mother-in-law Naomi said to her, “My daughter, I must find a home[a] for you, where you will be well provided for. 2 Now Boaz, with whose women you have worked, is a relative of ours. Tonight he wi

The Effectual Fervent Prayer

I am convinced that there is no such thing as an unanswered prayer. I believe I’ve touched on this before in an earlier post. But I’ve received some new revelations to add to my case. 2 Corinthians 1:20 For no matter how many promises God has made, they are "Yes" in Christ. And so through him the "Amen" is spoken by us to the glory of God. So does this mean that every prayer we send up, God says “Yes” to? Well, I must inform you, that it’s a little more complicated than that. Yet, it’s  not at all hard to understand. There is a three part transaction in this entire process. First we have OUR PRAYERS. Second, we have GOD’S PROMISES. Third, we have THE AMEN.” Yo, I’m so excited to explain this in full!  YOUR PRAYERS: The desires and issues of your heart are the language behind your prayers. Whatever interferences your heart experiences (that rhymes! Lol) determines the kind of prayer that you lift up to God. God will ALWAYS answer the prayer. Th