Skip to main content

Are We GLADIATORS or Are We B&%@s?

Hold up! Hold up! Before you can go any further with this post, if you are feeling some type of way about the title, then I'm going to need you to exit STAGE LEFT...NOW! Those of you who could careless about the title and are more concerned with what I have to say,then by all means stay with me. Grab you some WINFINE and have yourself a seat! LOL!

(Clearing my thrOAK) I used to be a different kind of girl before I knew God. I was mean, belligerent, and I could care LESS about anybody. I didn't give a DAMN! My world was just that, MINE and if you didn't like it you had to kick rocks. My girlfriends tolerated me because they actually really did love my baldheaded self but their boyfriends HATED ME! I would curse them out at the drop of a hat. Wooo chile!

But then something happened. GOD happened to me. You see on the inside I was sad and hurting. After God got a hold of me, He ripped me apart, emptied me out, and poured all of that nasty stuff out. Then He poured back into me the good stuff  that I already had, plus all of His HOLY GREATNESS.

I have to admit something to y'all though. Over the course of three years, I've been placed in situations that's made me almost want to pull out that old MEAN GIRL. So much so, I had to wonder, how much of the old me did God take away? And I have been trying SO HARD not to let people, places, things, and ideas get to me but it's been a STRUGGLE. REAL TALK! Especially when I'm constantly confronted with that whole "What Would Jesus Do" saying....CHILE BOOM save it for the birds!

I've been biting my tongue, playing possum, going deaf, and turning the left cheek. So guess what happened? My old me like, "Tanzy I'm about to come out and it's not going to be pretty, darling." Instead of finding proper means to restrain this beast, I ran! I ran like Gideon, I ran like Jonah, I just ran! What kind of punk ISH is that? To all who witnessed this punk foolery, they assumed I was running scared. I was ruuning scared alright! Let me tell you EXACTLY what I was running from....ME!

If you can recall, I shared with you all in a past post titled the DARK SIDE that there's a part of me that can be ve angry and violent. That mean girl I told you I was before I found God, well that's that DARK SIDE of me I try to keep under wraps. Well I ran from HER cause I don't know what she is capable of after all these years. However I couldn't explain this situation to anybody, verbally that is and because I couldn't, I cried. This made me look even more like a PUNK! After clearing the air, I still felt sick in my sprit. That beast inside of me was still raging. All I wanted to do was hide until it fell asleep. That's when it hit me though, I'm like, "Tanzy, ARE WE GLADIATORS OR ARE WE B&%@S?

We don't run from stuff like this! Matter of fact WE DON'T RUN FROM ANYTHING! Iain't never ran from the devil and I damn sho aint bout to pick today to start RUNNING! I'm COVERED! BOOM! (I had to remix that Lil Wayne verse real quick lol) The reason I keep being placed into these frustrating situations, is because I need to CONFRONT AND TAKE DOWN this multi-headed hydra that's inside of me! I gotta Buffy the Vampire Slayer that thang yo! lol

Have you been struggling with confronting some part of you that you've been running from? That's what God will do to you. There's parts of you that God makes feel good and then their are parts of you that God makes feel the HEAT. That's the perfect time for that young GLADIATOR in you to be on TEN! You can't be out here like Drake eyes close straight swanging! You gotta have that SWORD to go for the JUGGULAR. Time to stop running from stuff PERIOD! Running SOLVES NOTHING! Hey where you going PUSS -N- BOOTS? Get over here and handle that ISH! We are DECENDANTS OF DAVID DAMMIT! He was a  beast. The question that still remains is sitting on the table and it comes in the voice of Harrison from "Scandal".....

 ARE WE GLADIATORS OR ARE WE B&%@s?


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Strawberry Crush

Have you ever developed a crush for someone? How did you feel? How did you respond to this feeling? Did you challenge it? Did you explore it? Did it ever go away?  I remember my first crush. I was in first grade when I met Calvin. He was the cutest light bright I'd ever seen. My teacher caught on and would actually allow us to sit together. We would enjoy our innocent times, him making me laugh and me sharing my snacks. I loved him before I even knew what love was. But Calvin was a bad boy. He got in trouble a lot. I would take up for him too. But one day I would not be able to see him again because he moved away and transferred to another school. My heart was torn in half as I would miss him for a while.  That was about 24 years ago. Since then I've had a few crushes. None of them really went anywhere but to a disappointing dead end. Which has provoked me to seek understanding of what does "having a crush," really mean. In all honesty, having a crush on so

DEATH TO BOAZ!

If I hear another woman of God say she’s waiting on her “Boaz”, I’m going to scream my lungs bloody and hit her upside the head with an offering basket! Real talk! You’ve read the title, so you probably already can guess that this post is not going to be the nicest cup of tea you’ve had to drink. But you have to drink it and YES THIS IS YOUR BUSINESS! I hate to break it to you dear, BOAZ is not coming! Boaz was for Ruth and Ruth only. Boaz was tied to Ruth’s assignment. He is not TIED TO YOURS! I am afraid that the church has cooked up this lovely fairytale that every woman has a BOAZ designated for her. WRONG! If you go into the word, Boaz wasn’t even all that aaaaanndd Naomi helped Ruth come up with a cute little scheme to get homie’s attention. RUTH 3:1-5 One day Ruth’s mother-in-law Naomi said to her, “My daughter, I must find a home[a] for you, where you will be well provided for. 2 Now Boaz, with whose women you have worked, is a relative of ours. Tonight he wi

The Effectual Fervent Prayer

I am convinced that there is no such thing as an unanswered prayer. I believe I’ve touched on this before in an earlier post. But I’ve received some new revelations to add to my case. 2 Corinthians 1:20 For no matter how many promises God has made, they are "Yes" in Christ. And so through him the "Amen" is spoken by us to the glory of God. So does this mean that every prayer we send up, God says “Yes” to? Well, I must inform you, that it’s a little more complicated than that. Yet, it’s  not at all hard to understand. There is a three part transaction in this entire process. First we have OUR PRAYERS. Second, we have GOD’S PROMISES. Third, we have THE AMEN.” Yo, I’m so excited to explain this in full!  YOUR PRAYERS: The desires and issues of your heart are the language behind your prayers. Whatever interferences your heart experiences (that rhymes! Lol) determines the kind of prayer that you lift up to God. God will ALWAYS answer the prayer. Th